TV Series Episodes not being marked as played

longstreath

longstreath

Just recently, I am finding that when I watch an episode of a TV series and use the "Next Episode" button at the end of the episode, it is not being marked as played, so when i go back to Emby to watch another episode, Emby points to the first episode, not where I left off, which could be episod 2, 3 or wherever I left off.

I now find that I have to manually go into the series and mark each episode I have watched as played before it will recognise that I have already watched them.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what is required to rectify it?

Version 4.7.14.0

Emby Server is up to date

Running on HTTP port 8096

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, longstreath said:

what is required to rectify it?

You need to lower your threshold for Max resume percentage in your library settings (scroll all the way to the bottom). 

Also, you can lend your support here, so Mark Played gets linked with clicking Next Episode:

longstreath
15 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You need to lower your threshold for Max resume percentage in your library settings (scroll all the way to the bottom). 

Also, you can lend your support here, so Mark Played gets linked with clicking Next Episode:

What do you recommend the Threshold to be set to? When I looked the Max resume percentage was set to 100. I have lowered this to 90, so will this be enough, or should it be lower? Or higher?

GrimReaper
Just now, longstreath said:

What do you recommend the Threshold to be set to? When I looked the Max resume percentage was set to 100. I have lowered this to 90, so will this be enough, or should it be lower? Or higher?

That is completely up to your preference, 90-95% should generally cover majority of the cases where Next Episode pops up.

longstreath
13 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That is completely up to your preference, 90-95% should generally cover majority of the cases where Next Episode pops up.

Ok, great, I will leave it as it is and come back if any further issues.

Thanks for your help GrimReaper!