Show a warning before missing episodes are skipped

Hoptional

Hoptional

Hi,

in light of the removed functionality to show missing episodes in the episode list in 4.8, I would like to request a feature that helps to prevent the user from accidentally skipping over missing episodes.

Example: I have a series where episode 5 is missing and I just watched episode 4. At the moment, when playing the next episode, emby will silently skip over episode 5 and play episode 6 instead. I would like to be warned and asked to continue (with input required) when that happens. The warning should be shown not only if the next episode is started automatically after the last one but also if I start playing it manually, later.

I think this would be very helpful to avoid confusion and it would probably be sufficient to compare the number of the current episode to the last played one and if it is not n_last + 1, ask the user to confirm.

• Like 9
  • Agree 3

MBSki

Great idea! Seems like that could be an easy number check unless it's at the end of the season.

adamstewiegreen

I suggested this 5 years ago. lol.

darkassassin07

Welcome to the club, lol.

To 7 years to implement a server-side disable toggle for camera uploads I asked for.

Stuff does get implemented, just not in a hurry. (unless it directly effects security like last May and the headers issue.)

• Like 1

Just FYI the Android TV app has this already but I agree all the other apps should as well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
ScottHoffmanTes
On 1/17/2024 at 9:38 AM, darkassassin07 said:

Welcome to the club, lol.

To 7 years to implement a server-side disable toggle for camera uploads I asked for.

Stuff does get implemented, just not in a hurry. (unless it directly effects security like last May and the headers issue.)

@darkassassin07  They added this? I was following that forum for years and finally gave up.. Where is that server-side toggle located? Is that the checkmark under users > profile > subtitles??

ScottHoffmanTes

I just want back the ' show missing episodes within the episode list' function.... Hard to skip a missing episode when it says MISSING and it won't play....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, ScottHoffmanTes said:

@darkassassin07  They added this? I was following that forum for years and finally gave up.. Where is that server-side toggle located? Is that the checkmark under users > profile > subtitles??

Yes as the sections aren't really separated to well.

image.png.a9c2167e3f5635ebd2263dccc9135f41.png

• Thanks 1

darkassassin07
38 minutes ago, ScottHoffmanTes said:

Yeah, 'allow camera upload' under each users settings:

SmartSelect_20240212_111133_Emby.jpg.399da895fb454639a7ebe83ef3bbc988.jpg

Was part of the 4.8 release.

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Thanks 1