virtualTvExample question

VicMoore

VicMoore

In the virtualTvExample plugin the server communicates with the plugin via overriding tasks, like the example below.

protected override Task<List<ChannelInfo>> GetChannelsInternal(TunerHostInfo tuner, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

I am wondering if other tasks, not yet exposed in the plugin's code, can be overridden to add additional functionality.  Of particular interest is when an item in the EPG is clicked. 

I am always grateful for your help.

Vic

VicMoore

@luke have any improvements to the virtualTvExample code been made?  More than anything else I need the code to play channel content one show after the other.  I am willing to help in any way I can, or change my GUI in any way you require. 

Vic

13 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@luke have any improvements to the virtualTvExample code been made?  More than anything else I need the code to play channel content one show after the other.  I am willing to help in any way I can, or change my GUI in any way you require. 

Vic

You don't need code for that. That's not for you to worry about. That's for the players.

VicMoore

@LukeI was wondering if that was true. Can I send commands to the players like I do to control the playing of playlists?

Vic

1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

@LukeI was wondering if that was true. Can I send commands to the players like I do to control the playing of playlists?

Vic

Again, not the responsibility of a tuner. You supply the media source and the epg data.

When one file ends, it should go to the next automatically. If you're not seeing that, then let's look at an example.

pünktchen
Just now, Luke said:

When one file ends, it should go to the next automatically. If you're not seeing that, then let's look at an example.

In browsers! Any other Emby clients?

VicMoore

@pünktchenI am checking now, both browsers and TV clients.   Do you have a work around?  Have you tried sending commands like you do to control the playlists you send to the TV? Also, I have attached my latest code.  I would appreciate your comments on the GUI.  You are welcome to any of my code.  No credits are necessary. 

Vic

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.dll

VicMoore

@Luke when the EPG is displayed, clicking on a movie under the current time causes the movie to play. When the movie is over, control returns to the EPG. I did notice when playing music videos that they did transition from one video to the next.  However sometimes even clicking on a music video caused it to play only one video.

Edited by VicMoore

pünktchen
9 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Do you have a work around?

The whole playback engine of my VirtualTV plugin is a big workaround. But that's not something that you should try to implement. Instead we should focus on the new way that Luke has provided.

VicMoore

@Lukeand @pünktchenI tested the virtualTVexample code.  When using an Emby player on my android TV, and when using an Emby player on my computer (web client) when I click a show in the Live TV EPG it always plays from the beginning. This we already knew.  The show will completely play, and when it ends, control passes back to the EPG.  It should automatically play the next show in the EPG, but does not.  An interesting point is that the time bar at the bottom of the screen is correct, including the start and end times. The only thing amiss is that the show plays from the beginning.

I also tried sending commands to the TV while a TV show from the EPG is playing.  The commands work just like they do for playlists.

Vic

pünktchen

For me it does auto advance to the next show in Chrome and i'm using the same code in my plugin for Native playback as in the VirtualTV-Example.

10 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

For me it does auto advance to the next show in Chrome and i'm using the same code in my plugin for Native playback as in the VirtualTV-Example.

Right so we need to know what apps don't auto-advance and then we can gradually look at them.

VicMoore

@Lukeand @pünktchenYou are right. Chrome does advance to the next show. I just checked Nvidia Shield and it does not advance.  It's an android platform.  Edge is another browser that does not advance.

Vic

P.S.   I just installed Emby on a Samsung TV and it did not advance.  So far, only Chrome works correctly.

Edited by VicMoore

pünktchen

The Windows store app also seems to work, not the desktop app. Will test it tomorrow a second time and also Roku.
But i really wonder why we should do all the testing with every app when one of the many Lukes knows already which app has the function implemented?!

VicMoore

@pünktchenYou are up really late.  it must be 3AM.  I am sure you are right.  Get some sleep.  Good night...

Vic

4 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@Lukeand @pünktchenEdge is another browser that does not advance.

Vic

Are you sure? It really shouldn't be any different than Chrome.

Anyway I'm assigning @SamESto look at it for both tizen and apple tv. It's low priority for him, but we will get to it.

VicMoore

@LukeYes I am sure.   I tried using Edge again this morning just to be absolutely sure.  It did not advance to the next show.

Vic

VicMoore

@Lukeand @SamESany progress on fixing the players so they will advance to the next video when the current one finishes, or the issue of starting at the current time rather than always at the beginning of a clicked video? I know you are busy and I ask that you forgive me for bothering you. I am just excited to finish my code. I would appreciate and information that you can give.

Vic