Android TV crashing (via Dex) since last update & Android 14\One UI 6

chinswain

chinswain

Hi,

I've been using the Android TV app on my phone via the Dex desktop, as it provides the best experience for consuming media on the Xreal air glasses (present as a standard USB C display).
Since the latest update Android TV now crashes at random 10 - 60 seconds into playback, no errors or other messages displayed.

Playback is fine when using the Android TV app directly on the phones display (with the external display\Dex disconnected\disabled).
I've tried installing a few versions back via side loading the apk, same issue though so I assume it's the OS update that's broken it.

Only info in the Emby log:

2024-01-16 12:44:25.679 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.86.40:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 14; SM-G9910 Build/UP1A.231005.007)
2024-01-16 12:44:25.680 Debug App: ReportPlaybackStopped PlaySessionId: a37a77d3d9d2451c8b8b06de98287448
2024-01-16 12:44:25.681 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app AndroidTv 2.0.83g playing xxxxxxxxx. Stopped at 131293 ms

I've also sent the app log to you via the in app option.

(Reason for using Android TV is it's the only app of yours that full screens on the Dex desktop and doesn't require the phone to be unlocked. The Android app does work but has poor audio quality.)

Thanks

3 hours ago, chinswain said:

I've also sent the app log to you via the in app option.

Can you please tell me the name of the local user logged in and the time you sent the log?

chinswain
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Standard emby android app works fine as above, but the sound quality is poor, it does not full screen when running on the Dex desktop and doesn't allow the phone to be locked when running on the phone screen (and using the USB C as a standard external monitor).

chinswain
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you please tell me the name of the local user logged in and the time you sent the log?

I've sent you this information in a private message. Let me know if there's any more advanced logging I can do.

I cannot see a crash of any kind in your log but you are running the app on a device it is not designed for.  You also are several versions behind.

chinswain
22 minutes ago, ebr said:

I cannot see a crash of any kind in your log but you are running the app on a device it is not designed for.  You also are several versions behind.

As I mentioned I side loaded a few versions back to see if it was the January update that's caused the issue.