4k problems

mhsh37

mhsh37

Dear Support Team,

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing with my Xiaomi Mi Box S 4K. Specifically, during the playback of 4K movies, I encounter a recurring problem where the video freezes for approximately 2 seconds every minute before resuming. This issue has been replicated across different 4K movies, such as "Oldboy," "Interstellar," "Fargo," and "The Matrix." Notably, when watching 4K TV shows, this problem does not manifest.

Initially, I was using Wi-Fi on my Mi Box S, but in an effort to address the issue, I invested in the UGREEN USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter USB to RJ45 Network 1000Mbps. Despite this hardware upgrade, the problem persists.

I have submitted the log for your reference at 10:52 AM Eastern Time. My Emby user account is registered under the username "Mhsh."

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or solutions you can provide to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Sincerely,

mhsh37

I have followed your suggestion and sideloaded the standard Android app on the same device, as per your recommendation. However, I regret to inform you that the issue persists, and I am still encountering the freezing problem during the playback of 4K movies.

I appreciate your ongoing assistance and would be grateful for any further guidance or solutions you can provide to address this matter.

Best regards,

Are you able to try with lower bitrate content and see how that compares?

mhsh37

I attempted to play lower bitrate files while using 4K resolution. Unfortunately, instead of a smoother experience, the application terminated the stream and presented an error message stating, "Your stream has been terminated."

2 hours ago, mhsh37 said:

I attempted to play lower bitrate files while using 4K resolution. Unfortunately, instead of a smoother experience, the application terminated the stream and presented an error message stating, "Your stream has been terminated."

Using which app?  To my knowledge, we have no such error message in the system.

2 hours ago, mhsh37 said:

Emby on xiaomi Mi Box S

Exactly what app? What was the version number?

And, are you sure that was the exact message?

rbjtech
On 16/01/2024 at 15:56, mhsh37 said:

This issue has been replicated across different 4K movies, such as "Oldboy," "Interstellar," "Fargo," and "The Matrix." Notably, when watching 4K TV shows, this problem does not manifest.

We need MediaInfo details on the Movies vs Tv shows.

It is likely that the movies are much higher bitrate and/or have HD Audio codecs if they are 'Remux' versions - TV Shows are likely to be normal streamer friendly versions - ie much lower bitrate and also likely to be EAC3 Audio.

Once we have these details, we can advise further, but if they are Remux versions - options may be limited if your hardware does not support Direct Play.