Audio Echo w/ Specific Files

storelogan

storelogan

Hello,

I'm attempting to direct play a 4k HDR Remux file (The Sorcerer's Stone) on my Nvidia shield pro. My Emby server is hosted on a Windows 10 computer, which has a 1Gb local connection to the Shield.

I'm getting echoey/laggy/cracking audio on this Remux file (and others), but the video is fine.

It's not a bandwidth issue as I can a lower the video quality to 20mbps and the issue persists. I can also play a higher bit rate movie without issues.

I can play the file directly from my computer (Emby app) or with the Emby app on iOS without any issues.

Could this be an issue with the audio codec and my AVR that the shield passes thru (Denon AVR-X3700H)? I wouldn't think this would be the issue as the audio streams are AC-3/AAC LC.

I attached my logs, user was Logan and these tests are the last activity.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Server Stats.JPG

dShield Stats.JPG

MediaInfoSnip.JPG

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0d5891cb-162a-4501-98f7-c175cf0703b5_1.txt

Edited by storelogan

Hi. Same thing happens with both audio tracks?

If so, I would have to think it is something outboard (receiver, connection, TV).

storelogan

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Apparently it's an issue with AAC 7.1 on the Shield, and down-grading firmware version is the solution.

The process doesn't look fun, so I'm just going to hope the issue is resolved in a future update.

• Thanks 1

Keep us posted on if it gets resolved for you. Thanks.