Can't add new library to Emby

SanguineWren
Go to solution Solved by SanguineWren,

SanguineWren

I keep trying to add a new folder /musicvideos to my Emby library. I've added plenty of libraries before so I can't figure out why this one is different.

- I haven't changed any settings recently.

- All the other folders just show up no problem exactly as their directory is named (TV is /tv, Music is /music, Movies is /movies, etc.)

When I try to type /musicvideos into the + Folders option, I keep getting "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again."

- I've tried creating the folder both through windows explorer on my laptop, then deleting it, as well as creating it directly from within the Synology NAS screen, and making sure my permissions are correct and that Emby can read it (see below. Permissions are the same on all the other libraries that are working no problem.)

Here are logs pasted from embyserver.txt

2024-01-15 17:12:39.765 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.8.0.16
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42218 SMP Mon Oct 18 19:16:55 CST 2021
    Framework: .NET 6.0.8
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/musicvideos'.
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
       at Emby.Api.EnvironmentService.GetFileSystemEntries(GetDirectoryContents request)
       at Emby.Api.EnvironmentService.Get(GetDirectoryContents request)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)

embyissue1-libraryadd.JPG.23fdb04a455928fabe13e362230ab1e6.JPGembyissue1-permissionscorrect.JPG.83ebdf38676e4fd29e7dab459e2cf32d.JPGembyissue1-errormessage.JPG.0a9e2f8ab14a3007dcfa9c40d5ebb584.JPG

• Solution
SanguineWren

I figured it out. The one place I had not checked was the folder directories on the Docker itself. (I went to do the ol' update my version since I was lazy, and found the setting there in the process.) For those of you who don't go into Docker often (like me) and forgot how to do this) here's the easy reminder, in steps, if your docker was already running.

1. Make your new folder in Synology, or Windows Explorer, or whatever (doesn't matter) in the same folder where all your other library directories are.

2. Turn off your current container which is running Emby.

2. Go into Container > Edit > Volume 

3. Add the new folder you just created to the list of volumes Emby is allowed to access.

4. Restart Emby

5. Go to Library > Add > you should now see the path below like what I have in the screenshot here.

image.jpeg.cebca4d312cf125d21437db67fd09f62.jpegimage.jpeg.2f2ff06152c6270b8435efea3b25a6ca.jpeg

• Thanks 1