Hide shows in Latest sections

IkeTaylor11

IkeTaylor11

Would it be possible to add a hide show/movie option for the Latest sections of the home page? We have the ability to hide items from the Continue Watching section, I'm looking for something similar in the Latest sections. 

This would be very handy to keep the home page clean for items we actually want to watch in each library, not everything added to the library. A lot of us add media for many users, so the latest sections gets cluttered with content we don't personally want to watch. This really comes into play with continuing TV shows. If you click "played" on all current episodes of a show it will remove it temporarily, until new episodes are released again. 

The goal would be to have the Latest section with only items the user is interested in watching, hide the rest. They could still be seen by going into the library itself. It would also help because we wouldn't have to select played for unplayed content to remove it from the homescreen. 

HI, you can hide libraries from latest lists in user settings but not individual shows at this time.

IkeTaylor11
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI, you can hide libraries from latest lists in user settings but not individual shows at this time.

Is this something that can be added to the feature roadmap? 

Hi.  Another option would be to mark them as watched and use the "Hide watched content from latest" option.

IkeTaylor11
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Another option would be to mark them as watched and use the "Hide watched content from latest" option.

Not the same thing. If you mark them played, its for current episodes. New episodes later will show back up in the latest section again. Also, it skews watched/unwatched in the library if i want to go back and watch a show down the road I didn't want to right now. 

Maybe, Latest sections isn't a good spot to make this feature change. Maybe a new section like watchlist, my shows, or something. Basically looking for a custom section of just the shows/movies i want to watch next. When you add 15 new shows into a library it adds them to the latest section. Makes it hard to find shows you plan on watching because they are no longer visible. 

Can this be done with Favorites? I didnt see a favorite section for the home screen. Playlists would work, but that is for music only I think. 

Hi.  Didn't mean to imply it was the same thing - just another possible thing you could do.

Thanks.