Subtitle Download Problem regarding file name of the video

Pandafire
Go to solution Solved by Pandafire,

Pandafire

Hi,

I'm on a synology with Emby Server 4.7.14

I made an account on opensubtitles.com, the site which replaces the old org domain. It allowed me to copy my account over, no problem.

So here is what started happening recently. Let me explain with an example.

I have all my movies in a separate folder, for example:

Napoleon (1927)

The movie file in there are called like this:

Napoleon (1927) Bluray-1080p.mkv

It doesn't have subtitles, so I want to search for subtitles with the "edit subtitles" option.

What happens is, emby is searching over opensubtitles.com for the name "Bluray-1080p". That is not happening only for this movie, but for all the other movies I have where I want to add subtitles. I am 99% sure that this didn't happen like 2 weeks ago so it is either a change in Emby or with opensubtitles and I'm not sure where to report this.

Thank you and have a nice sunday.

BW

Info: My server is showing that it installed opensubtitles extension version 1.0.42 on the 12th of January. Maybe it's the extension that is buggy?

Hi there, why do you think it's only searching for Bluray-1080p ?

Pandafire

Look at the pictures. On top under "Untertitel bearbeiten", like at least 1 week before today, the name of the movie was written, not only "Bluray-1080p".

So I think it's taking parts of the video file name and looking for it on opensubtitles.com, instead of the first part of the filename.

But that's just my hunch.

20240114_185003.jpg_compressed.JPEG

20240114_184915.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Pandafire

I just wanted to illustrate a point. It doesn't matter which movie I choose. For example, Scrooged (1988) has subtitles on opensubtitles.com, but the screen shows the same. It's looking again for "Bluray-1080p" instead of "Scrooged (1988)". So again, no hits.

That's just the display title at the top of the dialog. It's not actually using that in the search.

Pandafire

As I said, I can not find any subtitles anymore and I assume that it is related to the update to the new version of the addon. I tested 10 more movies right now and it checks only for the last word of the filename. At least that's what's being shown on screen.

I'm 100% sure it could always find me subtitles, if there were subtitles on opensubtitles.com (org), like at least 2 weeks ago. This happened since at least the update.

But that's just my observation.

GrimReaper

Do you see the same in the Web app? Have no issues on 4.7.14.0/1.0.42.0 with Scrooged (1988) example.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 192415.png

Edit: You can post server log upon searching for subs.

Edited by GrimReaper

• Solution
Pandafire

Ok I fixed it. I wasn't aware that the update for the opensubtitles addon logged me out. I had to login again by typing in my credentials and then it worked!

Sorry for the stupid mistake, and from my side it's fixed!

Thanks for the support!

• Thanks 1