Plays DTS audio track instead of selected AC3 LG OLED C3

eimantasz

eimantasz

Hello,

I have new LG TV model OLED55C32LA webOS TV version 8.2.0-710 (number1-nambung) and using Emby App for LG version 1.0.39. The problem is that if movie has serveral audio tracks, where first one is in DTS format and any other AC3 track. And when I'm selecting AC3 audio track it still plays first one which is DTS.

Emby server: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.7.14.0/emby-server-synology72_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spk

How to fix this issue?

@SamES

Sample movie:

image.thumb.png.11c61267ba61f8026e990620e8d0b799.png

I'm selecting Lithuanian AC3 5.1 track. But I'm hearing only english version. App shows that it selected Lithuanian. track.

Thanks.

Regards,

Eimantas

embyserver.txt

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log rather than just a snippet. Thanks.

Hi, can you please attach the ffmpeg log as well? Thanks.

eimantasz

I started only AC3 audio track today and there was no ffmpeg log. On that day, where embyserver log provided I tested all audio tracks.

eimantasz

Hi, do I need to provide anything else to investigate this problem? Thanks.

SamES

At this stage, I would probably suggest waiting for the next app version to be released as I believe it has already been submitted.  I can’t say when that will be, but it is in progress. 

Is it only this movie that has a problem, or is it any movie with a DTS track as the first track?

We can investigate further, but since a new app version is coming soon it may already be resolved which means I might not be able to reproduce this problem anyway. 

eimantasz

I have another movie with the same problem and that movie too has first track with DTS and second with AC3. and selecting AC3 track it donesn't produce AC3 track sound. Which is OK with older LG TV which has older WebOS major version.

Because you informed that it is already subbmited, then I will wait for new version and check with if it will resolve this issue.

Thanks!

SamES
7 hours ago, eimantasz said:

Which is OK with older LG TV which has older WebOS major version.

So can you confirm this is only an issue with the 2023 model LG TV, it definitely works fine with older models?

eimantasz

My 2018 OLED LG TV is now broken, support company repairs it at the moment. So is this the same on it I don't know. But I have another LG NANOCELL TV wich was bought around 2020, and has newer major webos version than 2018 OLED LG TV, but definitely older major webos version than 2023 OLED TV model. So with 2020 NANOCELL LG TV there is no issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...