Server based differences

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

I have two emby servers, where the settings "should" be identical (Ive manually compared them, but they were setup before the backup system existed).

One, is offsite and is a backup of all my data, since I sometimes use that backup server as my emby server (its hosted where I sometimes stay for a couple of weeks in a row), I try to keep everything the same.  The FULL directories are copied over, so NFO, and other generated files (logos, images, theme music etc) are copied, but the server does update locally according to schedules.

However, I sometimes get different ancillary files between the two.

• NFO files for the primary video, sometimes the actors will contain a tvdbid and sometimes not.  While the NFO files are the same in general, it does show as a difference.
  • clearlogo.png files, show up on the backup but not the primary server
  • season.nfo is often missing in the primary server
  • seasonXX-poster.png is often missing from the primary server
  • NFO files for featurettes/deleted scenes (videos in the "extras" folders) are missing from the primary server

Any thoughts or ideas on how to track this down?
TIA

Hi, could be due to differences in library options, differences in what metadata was available at the time the content was first scanned into the library. One could have had a random failure to download internet metadata.

It's really hard to answer without looking at a specific example, and that example would have to be new content added to both servers as it will be next to impossible to try to figure out what might have happened in the past.

• Like 1