Offline viewing on Emby Theater for linux (flatpak)

condorianosi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

condorianosi

Hi,

I installed emby via flatpak on my steamdeck, and after setting up a few controls it has been a great experience if I'm at home on wifi. However, my main use case for this would be to enable me to watch media on the steamdeck during flights/while traveling/etc and there doesn't seem to be any way to download media for offline viewing like there is in the android app.

"download to" lets me download media onto other devices, but not the one I'm using.

"download" lets me download a file to disk, but then I can't view it in the app. It also does not allow me to download for instance, an entire season of a tv show at once. It's limited to just one episode at a time, which is pretty cumbersome.

Are there any plans to add offline sync/viewing to the linux emby theater app?
Even just allowing me to download an entire season of a show at once would be nice. In that case I could download with Emby Theater and then point Kodi to the download folder... not ideal but it's workable. I just don't want to have to select entire seasons of shows one at a time for download before a trip when I should be packing, haha.

Are there any features I'm missing that could enable this use case? Or possibly any workarounds that would allow me to download items from emby server onto the steam deck relatively pain free, and then view those items without having to revert to desktop mode?

• Solution

Hi, yes we are hoping to bring offline download support to this app in future updates. Thanks.