OpenSubtitles.org API change seems to have broken Emby subtitle search

wordlover
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

wordlover

The new Open Subtitles plugin isn't working for me. I reset everything with the plugin (uninstall, restart Emby, install, restart Emby). I can login to opensubtitles.com site fine, and confirm there are, for example, 10 subtitle files available for "Decision to Leave," but when I "Edit subtitles... Search..." from the film's Emby page on my server (which Emby has correctly ID'd), I get only "No results found." (Same with several other films I tested.)

Server: Version 4.7.14.0

Plugin: Open Subtitles 1.0.42.0

Edited by wordlover

wordlover

Opensubtitles.com search not working. I can login to opensubtitles.com site fine, and confirm there are, for example, 10 subtitle files available for "Decision to Leave," but when I "Edit subtitles... Search..." from the film's Emby page on my server (which Emby has correctly ID'd), I get only "No results found." (Same with several other films I tested.)

Emby log attached. I was going to include screen captures of the Emby pages, but this problem occurs with every movie I have tried, and all are clearly ID'd, with correct IMDB and TMDB info.

embyserver.txt

• Solution
12 minutes ago, wordlover said:

Opensubtitles.com search not working. I can login to opensubtitles.com site fine, and confirm there are, for example, 10 subtitle files available for "Decision to Leave," but when I "Edit subtitles... Search..." from the film's Emby page on my server (which Emby has correctly ID'd), I get only "No results found." (Same with several other films I tested.)

Emby log attached. I was going to include screen captures of the Emby pages, but this problem occurs with every movie I have tried, and all are clearly ID'd, with correct IMDB and TMDB info.

embyserver.txt 37.78 kB · 0 downloads

I don't think you've successfully logged in. Make sure to use your open subtitles username and not your email address.

• Agree 1

wordlover

Gah - that was it - thanks. I have no idea if you can include that in the plug-in, but might be good to test successful login - I have vague memories of this tripping up others. (Or at least having reminder about this on the plugin setup screen.) Anyway, thanks for the quick help.

Edited by wordlover

jkramer
34 minutes ago, wordlover said:

Gah - that was it - thanks. I have no idea if you can include that in the plug-in, but might be good to test successful login - I have vague memories of this tripping up others. (Or at least having reminder about this on the plugin setup screen.) Anyway, thanks for the quick help.

I just posted about this in the other thread a few hours ago. Irritating, I know, firsthand.

It is every couple years when I have to fiddle with the plugin login for one reason or another.

Edited by jkramer
  • Like 1

Peter Nent

Works great !:

• Installed Opensubtitle.com v1.0.42 in my Emby v4.7.14.0
  • Created an account at www.opnsubtitles.com
  • Entered the user+password in Emby opensubtitles.com plugin (non VIP)

Thanks !

Edited by Peter Nent
  • Thanks 1