Emby: games showing as folder

Arturito

Arturito

On Emby no mater what plataform, web, theater, android or android tv, the games are shown as a folder wich makes me go inside the game folder to only then access the game itself.
Ps.: This only happens when the "TV mode home screen" is set to Horizontal.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Arturito
On 1/11/2024 at 5:09 PM, Luke said:

Well you have the game file inside a folder, right?

Yes, just like I do for movies and movies don't appear in a folder, I understand that for games many people simply throw all the "ROMs" in a folder and that's it, but I like organization and keep all the data related to the game inside the game folder, especially when emby doesn't provide any metadata, so I have to provide it inside the folder myself.

There is also an inconsistency, because in "vertical" mode this behavior does not occur, while in horizontal mode it does.

Edit:  I just think that emby should ignore the folder the same way it does for movies, the folder structure i am using its the same used for movies and that always worked.

Edited by Arturito

On 1/16/2024 at 6:49 AM, Arturito said:

Yes, just like I do for movies and movies don't appear in a folder, I understand that for games many people simply throw all the "ROMs" in a folder and that's it, but I like organization and keep all the data related to the game inside the game folder, especially when emby doesn't provide any metadata, so I have to provide it inside the folder myself.

There is also an inconsistency, because in "vertical" mode this behavior does not occur, while in horizontal mode it does.

Edit:  I just think that emby should ignore the folder the same way it does for movies, the folder structure i am using its the same used for movies and that always worked.

It's actually the movies that are inconsistent and not the games, because currently you don't get an accurate folder view.

So eventually you'll see your movies library behave like that as well, but I think a user option to auto-enter single items in folders could reduce the extra click.

• Like 1