Capture Cards as a "Channel"

Lyfesaver

Lyfesaver

Is there a plugin out there that will take the input of a capture card and turn it into a channel in Emby?

Lyfesaver

@ebrWould be "Live TV" really be the topic? I figured there was a plugin like the IP camera one or something :D

Does that mean that there is a Live TV setting to do what I need?

Hi, he moved this because if it happens it would be via live tv features.

Lyfesaver
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, he moved this because if it happens it would be via live tv features.

So, just to confirm before I spend time on non-Emby solutions, as it stands, it cant be done in Emby, correct?

Y'all know I love me some Emby but I am in kind of a time crunch as I have to have a solution by this weekend (GASPS!)

It probably can by hooking in other software, for example, next pvr or tvheadend. So setup the capture card in one of those, then install the plugin for it in emby server and setup in the live tv section.

• Like 1

Lyfesaver
39 minutes ago, Luke said:

It probably can by hooking in other software, for example, next pvr or tvheadend. So setup the capture card in one of those, then install the plugin for it in emby server and setup in the live tv section.

Thanks for the tip!

• Thanks 1

emveepee

Depend mainly on the card.  WIth NextPVR things like the HDPVR are great because they are h264 mpeg ts but a lot of the cheap USB capture devices are mjpeg with crappy audio  Okay for OBS and streaming but not for all the playback boxes.  You might be able to set up an OBS streamer instead of using another PVR.

If the device you are capturing is HDMI there are cheap HDMI transcoding network streamers and to Emby they would be IPTV.

Martin