Black screen videos 4K

bad_vista

bad_vista
2 hours ago, NicerDicer said:

I can now confirm that this worked for me to. If anybody else is looking for an easy way to accomplish this: The DDVT tool features this as an option.

Thanks, I tried it too. Unfortunately it takes too long, about 1 hour for one of my videos. It's easier to watch with Plex until emby find a solution with fireTV.

2 minutes ago, bad_vista said:

Thanks, I tried it too. Unfortunately it takes too long, about 1 hour for one of my videos. It's easier to watch with Plex until emby find a solution with fireTV.

HI, don't you want to use a personal media server as opposed to one that puts your information into the cloud?

rbjtech
15 hours ago, bad_vista said:

It should take about 10-30 seconds ? - is the media stored locally on HDD or SSD ?  

Ensure your 'temp' area is the local disk as that is where it writes the new file to.

bad_vista
36 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It should take about 10-30 seconds ? - is the media stored locally on HDD or SSD ?  

Ensure your 'temp' area is the local disk as that is where it writes the new file to.

How? I used drag&drop for my MKV on DDVT_REMOVER. Then just removed HDR10+ metadata and waited until a similar MKV was automatically created in the new folder. Everything in the same folder on HDD.

image.png.41babacee13c091151bafbd11e94feba.png

rbjtech

Mine is a custom updated script based on RESET_9999's scripts/tools but they all use the same base tools.

mkvextract & mkvmerge (standard mkvtoolnix tools)

hdr10plus_parser

%mkvextract_path% "%filepath%%filename%%fileext%" tracks 0:"%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10Plus.hevc"
%hdr10plus_parser_path% extract "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10Plus.hevc" -o "%filepath%%filename%_HDR10Plus_metadata.json"
%hdr10plus_parser_path% remove "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10Plus.hevc" -o "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10.hevc"
%mkvmerge_path% -o "%filepath%%filename%_HDR10%fileext%" "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10.hevc" --novideo "%filepath%%filename%%fileext%"

This does the task in about 10-30 seconds on a ~20Gb file (using SSD) - but this is going to depend on the storage speed, but there is no way this should take an hour unless you are running a very very low powered cpu/storage... ?

Edited by rbjtech

bad_vista
On 1/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, rbjtech said:

Mine is a custom updated script based on RESET_9999's scripts/tools but they all use the same base tools.

mkvextract & mkvmerge (standard mkvtoolnix tools)

hdr10plus_parser

%mkvextract_path% "%filepath%%filename%%fileext%" tracks 0:"%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10Plus.hevc"
%hdr10plus_parser_path% extract "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10Plus.hevc" -o "%filepath%%filename%_HDR10Plus_metadata.json"
%hdr10plus_parser_path% remove "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10Plus.hevc" -o "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10.hevc"
%mkvmerge_path% -o "%filepath%%filename%_HDR10%fileext%" "%temp_folder%\%filename%_HDR10.hevc" --novideo "%filepath%%filename%%fileext%"

This does the task in about 10-30 seconds on a ~20Gb file (using SSD) - but this is going to depend on the storage speed, but there is no way this should take an hour unless you are running a very very low powered cpu/storage... ?

Thanks. It helped, with a few settings and on SSD it actually works within a minute. By the way, I have a Ryzen9 with 32GB DDR4.

One more question: does this change or worsen the visual effect and quality of the video? I mean without HDR10+.

rbjtech
20 minutes ago, bad_vista said:

One more question: does this change or worsen the visual effect and quality of the video? I mean without HDR10+.

a) If you have a DV (and thus also HDR10 or HDR10+ )capable display - then no, as it will just display in DV.

b) If you have a HDR10 only display - then no, as it will just display in HDR10.

c) If you have a HDR10/HDR10+ only display - then you will only display HDR10, not HDR10+ (as you have removed it).     Your best option here is to simply not use DV encoded files in the first place - use HDR10+ only files instead .. ;)

bad_vista
13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

a) If you have a DV (and thus also HDR10 or HDR10+ )capable display - then no, as it will just display in DV.

b) If you have a HDR10 only display - then no, as it will just display in HDR10.

c) If you have a HDR10/HDR10+ only display - then you will only display HDR10, not HDR10+ (as you have removed it).     Your best option here is to simply not use DV encoded files in the first place - use HDR10+ only files instead .. ;)

Thanks for the clarification. I have a new LG C3 TV. Supposedly it can do everything except HDR10+. This will probably be the cause of the current problem.