A few odd playback issues with Windows client specifically

Xyn

Hello, I run the LSIO (linuxserver.io) Emby container on my Synology NAS, currently Emby server version 4.7.14.0. I also run the LSIO swag container to reverse proxy Emby on a subdomain both on my LAN and WAN, so I can easily hit that rather than relying on the IP address.

If I use the Emby app on my Nvidia Shield Pro to watch on my TV, everything seems to work fine and I don't see any issues, but if I sit at my computer and watch using Emby Theater 3.0.20 on Windows, I've been seeing some weird issues during playback.

There are basically three issues:

1. Playback randomly freezes, and I have to hit the Back button to get back to the Emby interface, then click Play again and it will start playing and get past the point it got stuck.
  2. When watching a series with subtitles enabled, the subtitles work fine on the episode I start playback on, but when it cycles to the next episode, I get no subtitles unless I hit the Back button and start playing the episode again. At present, I'm re-watching That '70s Show, which I ripped from the latest Blu-Ray collection release, and which doesn't include subtitles, so I had Emby download subtitles from OpenSubtitles. I'm not sure if that makes a difference, as all my other rips have PGS subtitles straight from the Blu-Ray / DVD.
  3. When the episode is almost over and it pops up the Keep Watching and Next Episode buttons, if I click Next Episode, it cycles to the next episode, but instead of starting it at the beginning, it starts at about 60-70% through the episode and I have to manually start it over from the beginning by seeking.

I started watching around 11:45 PM Eastern or so, so since it's 1:35 AM now, I've attached the current log and the one for the previous day. I didn't see anything that looked like an error in there

I typically do my own tech support on everything, but I've really been scratching my head on this one, as the log has no error to point me in any particular direction, and I've never encountered issues like this on any of the media servers I've used. It's been happening for weeks. It doesn't always happen, but it usually does.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63840441600.txt

HI, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.