Emby transcode 4k 10 bit not working.

Pinkston

Pinkston

Hi, 

While trying to play some 4k 10bit files from out of network Emby does not seem to transcode. When I select 2 mbps or below on the client it works flawlessly but when I try to play the same file at 3 mbps and above it will fail to play and eventually error and close the play. I have several different files that seem to cause the problem and they seem to be the 4k 10 bit. The 8 bit seem to do ok. I have tried on both my Pixel 8 pro phone and Amazon fire TV with the same results. I have attached the transcode file with the errored play and the successful play at the 2 mbps for comparison. 

Thanks 

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-21971fb9-52d0-4ac7-b6a7-7fa22a4071bc_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4c379b36-7961-4106-a6d3-d0cc6eeb5164_1.txt

Hyy2001X

Looks like you are using UHD770, 4.8.0.x beta is preferred when using Intel graphics with the latest architecture.

Don't upgrade to 4.8beta directly, it is recommended to backup 4.7 data before upgrading

embylad892746

I have UHD 770 and switching to beta version (which is very almost ready for stable release) fixed all transcode problems for me. The upgraded ffmpeg + Intel Media drivers caused emby to detect quicksync (instead of only VAAPI on stable release)

• Thanks 1

Pinkston
42 minutes ago, embylad892746 said:

I have UHD 770 and switching to beta version (which is very almost ready for stable release) fixed all transcode problems for me. The upgraded ffmpeg + Intel Media drivers caused emby to detect quicksync (instead of only VAAPI on stable release)

Thanks. I tried the beta myself with the same files and they worked perfectly. I saw on another post Luke said hopefully 1-2 weeks for 4.8 stable so I will probably just wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1