LG questions

supermood

supermood

@LukeHi Luke any update on the lg TV app upcoming? currently I'm watching only via TV first time ever, as the old show hasn't a sound for 10 speaker... 

topic are you testing the apps before ... 😉 

1. subtitle offsetting settings are directly and completely over the subtitle. it's not possible to set it correctly. so that was def not tested 

2. skip forward is needed and missing - as next episode pop up is not working at all. same show and episodes on shield the pop up is perfect 

thanks!! d

2 minutes ago, supermood said:

@LukeHi Luke any update on the lg TV app upcoming? currently I'm watching only via TV first time ever, as the old show hasn't a sound for 10 speaker... 

topic are you testing the apps before ... 😉 

1. subtitle offsetting settings are directly and completely over the subtitle. it's not possible to set it correctly. so that was def not tested 

2. skip forward is needed and missing - as next episode pop up is not working at all. same show and episodes on shield the pop up is perfect 

thanks!! d

Why do you think the next episode popup is not working?

supermood

I have no idea. as said. same episode with emby on shield or z9x pro and I have the pop up. but the pop is not important to me as long as I can skip to the next. why did you kill the button? now I have to fast forward it stops 5 seconds before the end my ears are blasting away because of the universal end screen and then I watch the next 

a bit annoying... like not be able to set the sub times correct.. 

supermood

1. subtitle offsetting +- settings are 100% over the subtitle. it's not possible to set

2. skip forward is needed and missing - as next episode pop up is also not working. same show and episodes on shield and z9x pro both with emby the pop up is perfect (and the skip forward button is of course also there, android app and Android TV app) 

SamES
2 hours ago, supermood said:

1. subtitle offsetting +- settings are 100% over the subtitle. it's not possible to set

2. skip forward is needed and missing - as next episode pop up is also not working. same show and episodes on shield and z9x pro both with emby the pop up is perfect (and the skip forward button is of course also there, android app and Android TV app) 

Have you tried channel up/down?  Or in the App Playback settings, turn on the full transport controls option.

supermood
19 hours ago, SamES said:

Have you tried channel up/down?  Or in the App Playback settings, turn on the full transport controls option.

channel wasn't helping me but in playback settings I had to set hide to no. what the hell that was not even a possibility last time I checked. now skip is there. MANY THANKS!! 

if you can explain how to move the sub offset box away from the subs so I can use it... that would be also absolutely great!! 😁 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:11 PM, supermood said:

I have no idea.

Or let's put it this way. What makes you think it isn't working?

unisoft

'Next episode' has a bug too on LG App, where it can randomly play the next episode even if in settings it is set not to do this, and the user didn't press any button to play next episode.

Pretty sure I saw others report that issue on here before too.

4 hours ago, unisoft said:

'Next episode' has a bug too on LG App, where it can randomly play the next episode even if in settings it is set not to do this, and the user didn't press any button to play next episode.

Pretty sure I saw others report that issue on here before too.

It depends on what you press play on. If you press play on the series then that is a list of files. If you press play on an individual episode then this won’t happen.

unisoft
On 10/01/2024 at 16:41, Luke said:

It depends on what you press play on. If you press play on the series then that is a list of files. If you press play on an individual episode then this won’t happen.

Individual episode and it does happen, but it's random and not very often. I don't play a series as don't binge watch ;)

• Thanks 1

calbecca

I don't know why, but supermood created two threads with the exact same text and different title on the same day, it appears for the second issue (cannot go to next episode) was resolved with changing a setting. 

Thread here: 

1 hour ago, calbecca said:

I don't know why, but supermood created two threads with the exact same text and different title on the same day, it appears for the second issue (cannot go to next episode) was resolved with changing a setting. 

Thread here: 

I've merged them. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
supermood

yes sorry I saw specific lg TV app area and wanted to del the original one and that was not possible 

so here is the right place? I still hole the subtitle offset settings box can be made smaller so that I actually see the subs while adjusting times. in the moment it's not possible. many thanks!! 

Hi, what I'd like to do with the subtitle offset box is make that a slider instead and I think that will be much easier, so stay tuned for that.

supermood

yeah. everything that makes it possible to adjust times, so seeing the sub while pressing + or - ;) is much appriciated! 

really perfect would be a some overall adjustments I wrote a year or 2 ago.. but that's much more work for the whole ui... 

like not having to press down 20 times for 20 internal subs to reach the settings but instead  having position offset and search on top of the list... or the possibility to +- with keys like yellow blue directly... I know that from some devices and their software.. or having a direct button for on off besides the cc button or or or... 😉 

• Thanks 1