Can't Connect to Emby Server

AdityaBerchha
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

AdityaBerchha

I have been using Emby for 1-2 years, but now I am facing an issue connecting to the server. I have run the Emby software on my PC, but still, I am unable to connect. When I click on 'Browse Library,' it shows 'This Site Can't be Reached.' I don't understand what to do

image_2024-01-09_021505646.png

Hello AdityaBerchha,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, what address is in the browser address bar? Are you sure Emby Server is running?

AdityaBerchha

I am getting this error while connecting to server, emby app is running in tray, and I have tried restarting the server several times, still getting this error

image.png

• Solution

2024-01-09 00:07:14.735 Error Main: Error in appHost.Init
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.14.0
    Command line: C:\Users\Aditya\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22621
    Framework: .NET 6.0.21
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/Aditya/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 6
    Data path: C:\Users\Aditya\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\Aditya\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10013): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.KestrelHost.KestrelListener.CreateBoundSocket(EndPoint endpoint)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Transport.Sockets.SocketConnectionListener.Bind()
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Transport.Sockets.SocketTransportFactory.BindAsync(EndPoint endpoint, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Infrastructure.TransportManager.BindAsync(EndPoint endPoint, ConnectionDelegate connectionDelegate, EndpointConfig endpointConfig, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.<>c__DisplayClass30_0`1.<<StartAsync>g__OnBind|0>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.AddressBinder.BindEndpointAsync(ListenOptions endpoint, AddressBindContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.ListenOptions.BindAsync(AddressBindContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.AnyIPListenOptions.BindAsync(AddressBindContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.AddressBinder.EndpointsStrategy.BindAsync(AddressBindContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.AddressBinder.BindAsync(IEnumerable`1 listenOptions, AddressBindContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.BindAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.StartAsync[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHost.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHost.Start()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.KestrelHost.KestrelListener.OnAddPrefixesComplete()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.StartServer()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.Init()
       at EmbyServer.HostedService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Net.Sockets
    TargetSite: Void UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, System.String)

2024-01-09 00:07:14.738 Info Main: Shutdown complete

So this is it right here. Something is blocking the server from binding to the http port. Have you tried rebooting the machine?

Running the server as admin may resolve it, but I would only do that once to test and not run it like that all the time.

AdityaBerchha

yes I did tried rebooting the machine, and I have also tried reinstalling emby, and I have also tried running it as admin, but still it's the same.

AdityaBerchha

Hey, sorry to bother you, but I tried rebooting the machine again and this time it worked, and my server is working again

That's great to hear. Thanks for following up.