Metadata Not Added for TV Shows

AxSeed
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

AxSeed
On 6/13/2023 at 10:24 PM, Luke said:

HI, why not use the official Emby app instead?

Hi Luke, what's the Emby official app your talking about ?

My problem is Emby never add metadata on Tv Shows I import in library. No problem with movies, don't know why. So it take me a lot of time to add myself the IMDB ID in the "identify" section. Especially when I modify library structure and all the tv shows medata are gone (have to do it again for all).

Edited by AxSeed

AxSeed

Hello Luke,

so as I said in my previous message, my problem is Emby never add metadata on Tv Shows I import in library. No problem with movies, don't know why.

So it take me a lot of time to add myself the IMDB ID in the "identify" section. Especially when I modify library structure and all the tv shows medata are gone (have to do it again for all).

I checked multiple times the settings between Movies library and Tv Shows library, but don't see any difference. 

My guess is Emby doesn't load metadata when a full season file is import in the library, because when I load an unique episode Emby seems to load metada. Or is it something with files loaded with or without Sonarr/Radarr ?

image.thumb.png.a19e4bb246cab62358c8b1ae3de979d3.png

• Solution

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library and in what order? How are your files named and organized?

Have you compared your file naming to our TV naming guide? TV Naming

AxSeed
20 hours ago, Luke said:

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library and in what order? How are your files named and organized?

Have you compared your file naming to our TV naming guide? TV Naming

Didn’t know there was a tv naming guide, sorry 😅

so after reading it I think the problem is solved, as you Said the subject is naming. I modified my Sonarr naming settings to « normalise title ».

seems to work now, ty Luke !

• Thanks 1