Alexa "What is playing" [for Music]

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Would it be possible to support a command, something like "What is playing"

Spoiler

or perhaps "information" (to allow for extensible information commands in the future)

whereby Alexa would describe the current playback/song for the purpose of knowing the song title, Artist, album, album artist (if neq Various Artists/null and neq Artist).

Why?

if you are listening to an unfamiliar [compilation] album (or search response) and you want to know what the track is.

"Alexa what is playing"

"Title by Artist from [Album Artist's] Album"

"Without You Without Them by boygenius from The Record

"One Kiss by Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa from NOW 100 Hits"

"Screwed by Janelle Monáe and Zoë Kravitz from Janelle Monáe's Dirty Computer"

I'm guessing this would be an Alexa function rather than an Emby one - but it would be a good one.  For it to be us (if even possible) you'd have to direct the command to us (Alexa, what is playing on mb home).

ginjaninja
18 hours ago, ebr said:

I'm guessing this would be an Alexa function rather than an Emby one - but it would be a good one.  For it to be us (if even possible) you'd have to direct the command to us (Alexa, what is playing on mb home).

Yes i meant this to be directed at emby (m.b.home) when emby had been asked to play something...

at the moment you can say "alexa next" whilst an emby response is playing...so i assume a current active emby playback helps the emby skill remain 'active' and responsive as the command receiver (not using right terminology im sure). But whether you need to include m.b home token in command or not it would be good to know what emby is currently playing [on the default/current/specifed device].

• Thanks 1