Missing all custom folder icons?

George_PC
Go to solution Solved by George_PC,

George_PC

I searched but didn't really find this question so sorry if it's out there.   I have all my movies and shows in custom folders and I chose icons for each folder. Even all the file names, I have them in order like 1-, 2-, 3-, etc..   Either way, I was out of hard drivespace to I manually moved my folders to a new drive, then just removed and added the path in EMBY server to  the new path and lost all my custom changes.   ANy way to restore those? I might be moving my entire library in  afew months so thinking I will lose it all again as I move folders around.

Thanks for any info!

Hello George_PC,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, what custom images exactly are you referring to?

George_PC
Posted (edited)

By custom I mean, I just searched and replaced the generic folder icon with a different Primary image, but after waiting a few hours I can see some images populating now but none are the ones I chose. I found tons of cache files, so I'm sure there in their somewhere but theres probably no way for  them to get reassigned to the new folder structure as their using generic folder names. All I did was move them from a full drive C to a new much larger drive D and didn't change anything expcet the path under the Library (See Example).

image.thumb.png.a6e40b825de8d3093f9bb93dda7de0df.png

image.png.98548ecc6768a95c77acd79436e3d031.png

Edited by George_PC

In the library options have you enabled saving artwork to media folders?

McMovies

@George_PC
i don't think you are saving artwork to media folder. Check your library setting. and turn on the option "Save artwork into media folders".
 Afterwords just save your image as "poster.jpg" in the folder itself along with your media.

George_PC

I just checked and I didn't have "Save artwork into media folders" checked, but I am prety sure I did check it before. However, when would all of those files and settings get deleted if I clicked on the DELETE button below, and then just clicked on the "+" to add the new patih, which is what I did? Even if it did have that button saved originally, would it be smart enough to pick up those files once I deleted and readded back the new path and checked the "Import collection information from metadata downloaders" option? I was just dragging and dropping  the files on to the folder so if it wasn't checked, then it just does not save it? Thanks for any info, as I just want to make sure I set it up correctly while I redo it this time   :<)

image.png.2015e7bf807d1270736651eb69b668cd.png

• Solution
George_PC
13 hours ago, McMovies said:

@George_PC
i don't think you are saving artwork to media folder. Check your library setting. and turn on the option "Save artwork into media folders".
 Afterwords just save your image as "poster.jpg" in the folder itself along with your media.

I can see that the files go directlt into the folder with the videos so I definitely didn't have it checked. It is set now though.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1