Hw transcoding on ryzen 7950x

pauls_1988

pauls_1988

Hi there,

I'm trying to get emby working on a device with a ryzen 7950x but am not able to see emby recognise the options in the transcoding menu when selecting advanced, and also can't see activity on the GPU via radeontop while emby is transcoding a file. I have the exact same setup with Plex and he transcoding worked first attempt so I am hopeful it's just something small I need to do. Setup is:

Proxmox hypervisor host -> Ubuntu 23 LXC container -> emby docker container. /dev/dri passed through to LXC from host and the from LXC to Docker container. Am able to see the cards inside the container. Any tips or advice on how and where to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HI there, please attach the emby server log and hardware detection log files. Thanks.

pauls_1988

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response, looking at the hardware detection log (I wasn't aware this was a thing) appears to show a permissions issue. If I run the container as root it works but as my docker user (that plex is also successfully using) it cannot seem to use the device.

23 hours ago, pauls_1988 said:

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response, looking at the hardware detection log (I wasn't aware this was a thing) appears to show a permissions issue. If I run the container as root it works but as my docker user (that plex is also successfully using) it cannot seem to use the device.

Perhaps you need to authorize it for your docker user?