Home button question

denz

denz

I may be thinking about this the wrong way. At the top of my screen I have Live TV, Recordings, Movies and Collections. When I am in the tv guide  and click the home button on my remote  I mapped it to the green button it takes me to the Home Screen which is live tv.

If I click on Recordings at the top row and press Home button nothing happens I go to Movies press home nothing happens and so on. If I go to recordings and click on one recording and press home it takes me back to live tv. Same as Movies when I click on  a movie and press the home button it takes me back to live tv. 

Hi, maybe try again? In my testing, the Home button always brings you to the home screen of the app. Or maybe you're already on Home when you press the Home button?

denz
Posted (edited)

I will explain with pictures. 

When I start Emby Live tv is my home screen. If I go at top to Movies and browse through the movies and press Home button nothing happens but if I click on Police Academy 2 for it to open as it is highlighted and press the Home button it takes me to Live TV.  It happens if I do the same in Collections and Recordings

Just seems inconsistent if live tv is my home it should always go to Live TV no matter what screen I am.

My family is pressing all sort of buttons, so they are letting me know what works what doesn't. 

Thank you 

1.png

1-1.png

1-2.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by denz

Try using the vertical home screen. On the horizontal home screen, that entire screen itself is the home screen.

denz

Tried vertical screen just doesn't look nice on the tv it looks like a web page rather than an application and it is harder to navigate then the horizontal. 

OK well we can have the home button take you back to the first tab.

• Thanks 1