A way to disable Camera roll uploads

Jamie_
Go to solution Solved by jaycedk,

Jamie_

Hi,

I'm currently using emby is a large environment and we are running into issues with peoples personal photos being uploaded to our emby instance. 

We currently have it mapped to a spam folder as in the emby dashboard it says it would not create a library for these but it happens anyway. 

Ideally a option on the server side to completely disable this would be ideal. 

Many Thanks

• Solution
jaycedk

You could add to this FR 

There is a user permission for this in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

• 4 weeks later...
Brendon
On 07/01/2024 at 06:50, Luke said:

There is a user permission for this in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

this is great @Lukebut did you have to enable it as on by default? I am now going through and turning it off for 46 users because my family are stupid and upload all their crap to my servers even when told not to haha

darkassassin07

On by default for existing users makes sense as it was 'on' prior to being able to turn it off. You don't want to disable functionality with updates.

You have many users, but there are plenty of people that just use Emby themselves; ie single user instances. They probably wouldn't check that camera upload hadn't been disabled between updates, potentially losing data they though emby was backing up for them (as it had been previously).

A newly created user should have it off by default though. Currently it is enabled on a newly created user (not copying settings from an existing user).

Brendon
4 minutes ago, darkassassin07 said:

On by default for existing users makes sense as it was 'on' prior to being able to turn it off. You don't want to disable functionality with updates.

You have many users, but there are plenty of people that just use Emby themselves; ie single user instances. They probably wouldn't check that camera upload hadn't been disabled between updates, potentially losing data they though emby was backing up for them (as it had been previously).

A newly created user should have it off by default though. Currently it is enabled on a newly created user (not copying settings from an existing user).

and this is precisely why i have always said we need admin level switches to turn things on and off for everyone at once, disabling/enabling a library for example is one of the most painful experiences ever in emby if you have a lot of users.