Can't Connect WAN through Emby Connect

Matot

Matot

Hi,

First, sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

I have a problem since a few weeks. I can't connect to my Synology Emby Server through Emby connect ( via Web app with Chrome). I enter my mail and password, and when i click on my server for connection, i have an error message ( see attached file).

We are serveal users for this server and i am the admin.

When i use the WAN adress ( in the server's settings)  directly in my broswer, it works. I can connect to my server.  When i am on LAN ( using synology Emby Server app) there is no problem.

Odly, some users ( 3 of 5) can use the server over the Internet ( WAN). But this 3 users never had to disconnect and re-enter they password/mail adress for a new connection, if you know what i mean. ( One use the wep app on windows, one use the Emby app on mac os, the third one use the Emby app on Apple TV). It is like, when your account is saved on a machine, and nerver had to be change, there is no problem, the connection with emby connect continue to work. But, if someone disconnect/LogOut, and try to reconnect, it doesn't work anymore....

I am the admin, and over the internet, event with my emby account, i can't connect to my server too.

What is going on ? Can you help me ?

Thank you

Capture d’écran (23).png

Matot

And, i forget to add, when i am on LAN and i am trying to add the server manually on the Web app, it don't work ( see attached screenshot).

But, when i enter directly the LAN adress in my web broswer ( chrome) it works.

I tried to delete all my cookies on chrome, so i can do it again from scratch, but still the same connection problem ( WAN and LAN).

I upload my log file if it can help.

Thank you

Capture d’écran (25).png

embyserver.txt

3 minutes ago, Matot said:

And, i forget to add, when i am on LAN and i am trying to add the server manually on the Web app, it don't work ( see attached screenshot).

But, when i enter directly the LAN adress in my web broswer ( chrome) it works.

I tried to delete all my cookies on chrome, so i can do it again from scratch, but still the same connection problem ( WAN and LAN).

I upload my log file if it can help.

Thank you

Capture d’écran (25).png

embyserver.txt 2.54 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, this part is completely normal. The browsers are getting more strict about what is allowed over https. Did you read the two options and try them?

Matot
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you read the two options and try them?

I don't understand. What two options ?

Matot

I tried on my PC with Emby Theater ( after uninstalling the app and reinstall it) and it works !  I will try this with the other users who have this problem, and i will let you know.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Matot said:

I don't understand. What two options ?

The two bullet points in the error message. They're in the screenshot you provided.  In addition to those two options, two more are to just use your built-in web app, and/or to use an installed Emby app rather than the web app. I know the convenience of the web app is nice, but the browsers are clamping down on what they're allowing, so if you don't have ssl on your server then it's going to get more and more difficult to use the browser.