The play status can’t be saved when play via playlist.

Jakiesun

Hi there, can you please describe what you mean in more detail, including an example? Thanks.

Jakiesun

I created Emby server in Docker in my Synology NAS. I create several playlists by "Smart Playlist" plugin of Emby. I played and shuffle the playlist. When use Android TV, Web browser, and iPhone app, the movies shuffled and played will showed in Continue Watch. The progress/status of movies is also normal. 

However, the progress of movies can't be saved when I use Apple TV 4K 3rd generation. If I directly choose the movie and play it, the progress of movie is normal. But the progress of movie can't be saved when I played via the playlists. The only difference is the platform(tvOS in Apple TV 4K), so I think the app(Emby for TV) would be the problem. 

But the progress of movie can't be saved when I played via the playlists.

Hi, what do you mean exactly by this? What makes you think the progress can't be saved?

Jakiesun

After I played via the playlist, every movies remained no progress and not ever played even I played more than 5% movie time.

Jakiesun
31 minutes ago, Jakiesun said:

After I played via the playlist, every movies remained no progress and not ever played even I played more than 5% movie time.

Besides, if played a movie through Web browser till 01:00, then I play the same movie by Apple TV via the playlist from 01:00 to 01:20. The progress of the movie remain 01:00 without change.

13 hours ago, Jakiesun said:

OK can we please look at a specific example?

Thanks !

Jakiesun

In this sample, I create a smart playlist by artist including Harrison Ford. I played via this playlist initially and fast forward to about 20:00. Then I exited the movie and back to front page. The movie was not showed in Continue Watch. There is not any progress in this movie.

Then I tried to play via collection and again fast forward to about 20:00. The progress is normally saved after I exited the movie.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:35 AM, Jakiesun said:

In this sample, I create a smart playlist by artist including Harrison Ford. I played via this playlist initially and fast forward to about 20:00. Then I exited the movie and back to front page. The movie was not showed in Continue Watch. There is not any progress in this movie.

Then I tried to play via collection and again fast forward to about 20:00. The progress is normally saved after I exited the movie.

IMG_3432.MOV

@Jakiesunwhat if you create a normal playlist, not a smart one. How does that compare?

Jakiesun

I created a manual playlist which called "manual" and I added 3 movies to it.

First, I played 1st movie directly and the progress can be saved to about 04:38. But it didn't appeared in Continue Watch. 

Second, I shuffled the playlist and then moved from 04:40 to about 08:34. But it still stayed at 04:40 without any progress.

I thought the problem maybe the shuffle function in TvOS on Apple TV 4K 3rd generation, instead of Smart playlist.

Hi, what do you mean by this:

But it still stayed at 04:40 without any progress.

Jakiesun
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by this:

The original progress of the movie is 04m40s. I played the same movie by shuffle the playlist to 08m34s. Then I found the progress of the movie stayed at 04m40s. There is not any progress. That means there is problem when shuffle the playlist to play movie.

• 1 month later...

Hi, are you still seeing this with the latest update to Emby for Apple TV?

Jakiesun

the same problem, beside, when I click the movie in the playlist, Emby play the trailer instead of the movie. 

On 2/21/2024 at 7:33 PM, Jakiesun said:

the same problem, beside, when I click the movie in the playlist, Emby play the trailer instead of the movie. 

Do you have the Cinema Intros feature enabled? Maybe that's causing it.

OK this is resolved for the next update to the Emby Apple TV app. Thanks.