Do the WMC buttons work in Emby Theater

denz
Go to solution Solved by denz,

denz

Have tried theater and it is polished it looks much better than before but for novice people it can get busy with different menus even I got lost. Having the green button to take you home would be very helpful.  I have attached an image of my home screen. In WMC the green button serves that purpose to get you to the home screen.  Since it looks more polished I will use theater as the main app. WMC UI my family don't like the recording screen it's too hard to see it. 

The following buttons don't do anything in theater but work in wmc gui.

Live Tv button

Recorded Tv button

Guide Tv button 

Green button doesn't do anything

Skip doesn't do anything

Screenshot 2024-01-05 123645.png

Hi there, why do you think skip doesn't do anything?

denz

On my original Microsoft MCE remote it doesn't do anything I can see the mce receiver registering that I pressed it but nothing happens on the screen video is still in the same position no matter how many times I press it.  But did notice if I single press fast forward it skips 30 seconds. 

Live Tv button

Recorded Tv button

Guide Tv button 

These all work but they bring you to the live tv section of the app. If you're already there then it might appear like they're not doing anything.

denz

Advanced MCE Remote Mapper to the rescue have managed to map everything how I like it now skip and the rest are working how they should. When I press recorded tv it takes me to the first recording just how I like it. If my family gets lost as they did number of times yesterday pressing the green button takes them to home now. The only thing is that I can't find the button to take me to play live tv like in WMC. The current live tv just highlights on now text rather than the first channel.  

denz

While you are watching live tv is it possible if you press tv recordings button that it takes you to tv recordings. Currently it doesn’t do anything.when you press the button while watching live tv. Home button does stop live tv and takes you to Home Screen.

denz

Another observation if I am in schedule and series and press recorded tv button it doesn’t do anything if I press guide it takes me to the tv guide and then I can press recorded tv. Just noticed if I do the same thing a couple going between Schedule and Series screen it may work but if I try it again it doesn’t 

On 1/6/2024 at 8:24 AM, denz said:

While you are watching live tv is it possible if you press tv recordings button that it takes you to tv recordings. Currently it doesn’t do anything.when you press the button while watching live tv. Home button does stop live tv and takes you to Home Screen.

Sure, but it's going to stop playback unless you have the option enabled to keep video in the background when backing out of the video player.

14 hours ago, denz said:

Another observation if I am in schedule and series and press recorded tv button it doesn’t do anything if I press guide it takes me to the tv guide and then I can press recorded tv. Just noticed if I do the same thing a couple going between Schedule and Series screen it may work but if I try it again it doesn’t 

Thanks, will take a look.

• Like 1

denz
On 08/01/2024 at 11:58, Luke said:

Sure, but it's going to stop playback unless you have the option enabled to keep video in the background when backing out of the video player.

I am fine if it stops the video and takes me to my recordings. 

• Thanks 1

• Solution
denz

Great work @Luke it's so much better now. My family says a big thank you to you. It's so much easier to use now. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
denz

One more request with the Home button in my case the green button. When you go to guide and click on a programme and press the home button it doesn't work however if you click on the programme on "On Now" the home button works.  Any chance you can get the home button to work in both. 

Thank you

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1