Recorded TV view

lithium630

lithium630

Hello!  I just installed Emby Premiere and I'm using it with a couple Apple TVs.  I was a user way back with Windows Media Center.  So far it looks great and I think I will make the switch to use it full time. I have a question about recorded TV.  When viewing recordings, I would like it to show just once instance of each show, instead of showing every recording on the main page.  Basically each show is in it's own folders.  All the better if it can group those folders by the ones with the most recent recordings.  I tried changing the view around but could not get it right.  Is this possible to do? 

Also a long shot, but any chance the WMC layout will ever come to the Apple TV app?  

Thank you

Hi, what screen are you referring to exactly?

lithium630

It's the Recordings screen on the Apple TV app.  When I first open it, I would like to see just the list of shows with recordings, not every individual episode.  

• Agree 1

Spaceboy

Agreed - raised this exact point way back when but nothing came of it. the presentation in WMC was significantly better than emby for this reason. also raised with @softworkz in respect of the WMC client but it needed a change made in the core. the recordings library has the better presentation but WMC allowed you to flick between the series and the episode view

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

lithium630

It’s not the end of the world but it would be nice. I thought I might be missing something simple.  Channels works the same way.  The work around for me was to hide the recorded tv menu and just use the TV Shows section.  It wasn’t ideal mixing tv show collections with recorded shows but it helped.  I haven’t tried that with Emby.  

• 2 weeks later...

So you think we should merge them in the recorded tv view? we merge them everywhere else? but the reason they're not merged there is to aid in management of recent recordings. Like for example you can see an active recording right there.

Spaceboy
On 14/01/2024 at 19:19, Luke said:

So you think we should merge them in the recorded tv view? we merge them everywhere else? but the reason they're not merged there is to aid in management of recent recordings. Like for example you can see an active recording right there.

and no reason why you cannot continue to do so. i seem to remember WMC had an indicator on the series poster that showed you an episode was in progress recording.

the merged view is critical in live tv IMO. Often i have a few episodes to watch, which either leaves me scrolling down trying to find the oldest episode not marked watched or going to the most recent episode and then going back on the episodes row to find the oldest unwatched. its not great.

In WMC i had the series view on probably 80% of the time but it was also important to be able to switch to the episodes view. if only one were possible, then i would prefer the merged series view

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:56 PM, Spaceboy said:

and no reason why you cannot continue to do so. i seem to remember WMC had an indicator on the series poster that showed you an episode was in progress recording.

the merged view is critical in live tv IMO. Often i have a few episodes to watch, which either leaves me scrolling down trying to find the oldest episode not marked watched or going to the most recent episode and then going back on the episodes row to find the oldest unwatched. its not great.

In WMC i had the series view on probably 80% of the time but it was also important to be able to switch to the episodes view. if only one were possible, then i would prefer the merged series view

@denzdo you recall this?

denz

In WMC in recorded tv you had an option to switch between series it's called title view and individual recordings view. My family is not a keeper of recordings so we never switched views. They watch and delete there is usually about 30 to 40 recordings at a time so they did get confused when I got them to use theater, they were scrolling both says recordings but are different. I have complained years ago that there should only be one screen for recordings and then you change the view how you like it in WMC. WMC has heaps of other things that we are discovering so would not be surprised if it did that. I have WMC on my old pc still so can try and report back.  

image.thumb.png.dfc9e03712f518fd22799d8e9125c7fd.pngimage.thumb.png.17cc04691bd649bd72aecd9d982cf340.png

lithium630
On 1/14/2024 at 2:19 PM, Luke said:

I do, or at least have the option to do that.  I'm sure many people are used to it that way and won't want it changed.  I suspect there are others like me.  I tend to record full seasons of shows before I watch any of them.  Having all of the recording on one screen makes it very messy.  I agree with Spaceboy that just an indicator on the folder (like a red circle) would work well.  I appreciate the consideration.