Huntsville, AL channel 48.3 changed to 365

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by justinrh,

But my point is that no changes in the guide data are going to affect the name of the channel coming from your tuner.

justinrh

You'll have to explain this to me.  What does the guide supply and what does the guide supply?  Does Emby merge data from both are is it exclusively one source of data?  You are not giving me enough to understand.

You have a caching BUG of some sort.
My old install: wrong
image.png.7bb01d4801285160d97985598e784e13.png

My new test install: correct other than the network name before the channel #
image.png.5865932ddb4956d930c8fbf16fb2da17.png

Edited by justinrh

justinrh

I say random because it has happened twice in the past couple of weeks (on different servers) and then magically it would work the next day.

Here is the error from the log: 

OK if you're going to just link to other topics requiring jump around to find information, then we might as well just merge them.

25 minutes ago, justinrh said:

You'll have to explain this to me.  What does the guide supply and what does the guide supply?  Does Emby merge data from both are is it exclusively one source of data?  You are not giving me enough to understand.

You have a caching BUG of some sort.
My old install: wrong
image.png.7bb01d4801285160d97985598e784e13.png

My new test install: correct other than the network name before the channel #
image.png.5865932ddb4956d930c8fbf16fb2da17.png

There's no merging of data. A tuner channel can only be mapped to one guide channel. When you change this it kicks off a guide refresh. Until that finishes, you may still see previous data.

justinrh
1 minute ago, Luke said:

OK if you're going to just link to other topics requiring jump around to find information, then we might as well just merge them.

That's bad form.  They are separate issues and ebr was ignoring it, so I thought it be to keep them separate so it can be dealt with.  Why should I re-hash it if I can just point to an existing post?  Now it will be lost ...
You can also see

justinrh
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

There's no merging of data. A tuner channel can only be mapped to one guide channel. When you change this it kicks off a guide refresh. Until that finishes, you may still see previous data.

Luke, I hope you are not following the convo.  ebr was comparing without a lineup and with a lineup, and his comment didn't make sense to me.  You are not commenting in that context, as far as I can tell.  Can you two get together and have one mind to address this?

So, can you explain the diff between no lineup and with a lineup?  Then maybe you are confirming you have a bug??

This has gotten so twisted up, and now you want to go merging issues ... 🤣

justinrh

Now we see THREE issues in this thread.  Are you tracking all THREE?

1 hour ago, justinrh said:

Luke, I hope you are not following the convo.  ebr was comparing without a lineup and with a lineup, and his comment didn't make sense to me.  You are not commenting in that context, as far as I can tell.  Can you two get together and have one mind to address this?

So, can you explain the diff between no lineup and with a lineup?  Then maybe you are confirming you have a bug??

This has gotten so twisted up, and now you want to go merging issues ... 🤣

I have no idea what you're trying to say, sorry. In that screenshot you posted, you go from top to bottom, first entering a zip code, then selecting a lineup.

justinrh

Oh my ...  I know how to operate the UI.  The context you jumped into is why the channel's network name is wrong.  If a lineup is not configured, the name comes from the tuner.  So, if you DO have a lineup configured, where does the name come from?

• 3 weeks later...
justinrh

Well, we are almost there.  The channel in the admin list is 100%, but in the user guide I still can't get the correct icon.

I can see the icon available when I edit the channel meta data, but the icon can't be selected.  I poke on it and nothing happens, and there is no Save action to commit it.

image.png.ff029daf02cf6a38209f2981c6debfa2.png

Edited by justinrh

justinrh
2 minutes ago, justinrh said:

but the icon can't be selected.

Just now, justinrh said:

There is no such thing as selecting an icon.

You don't pick one of those icons. The Emby app automatically chooses one based on the color theme you have selected.

justinrh
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

There is no such thing as selecting an icon.

Then why is there an image edit button on the channel detail?  Then why does it show icons to choose from at all that even show delete buttons?  Then why doesn't it use the correct icon?

image.png.e11e6dbb15b1e173dea39d00cd3bd7a6.png

You make no sense.  You don't choose images based on theme.  The channel icon is the channel icon - you think my local channel is going to offer Emby diff images to choose base on Emby themes?

Edited by justinrh

So that you can change the contents of each image slot if desired. 

• Solution
justinrh

Either way, the old images were not purged.  I purged them via Delete and now I have the correct image.

All the images are the same size, and Emby is probably not using AI to decide the old Circle image fits the dark theme better than the new THE365 image.  Neither image fits the theme better than the other.

No doubt something didn't work correctly there (from the USER perspective).

Ah, yes, I see the bug now - the new image is in the dark version, and I'm using dark theme (right?), so it should have used it.

Edited by justinrh

The image you deleted will probably come back on the next guide refresh. I don't think there was any problem of something not getting purged.

justinrh

Nope.  Still all good after a guide refresh.  AND now all the icons are correct!  Still think there was not a purging problem?

See the bug analysis in my previous post, and I think you will have to logically agree.

image.png.41304596999d6da67251d10910c8a590.png

No because the guide refresh does not replace existing images, otherwise you'd lose any customizations. So normally when the epg provider changes it's images, it will stay as it is in Emby Server.

As a side note, it is getting more and more difficult to help you, and i wish that it weren't because you do report great issues and have great feedback. However in addition to issues that you report, it seems they are frequently combined with berating and/or condescending remarks that make it unenjoyable to continue as well as take longer to find the source of the problem. For example, in other topic you reported a channel missing from your guide in late December, and we just now, six weeks later finally figured out that the issue was in your HDHR setup.

Normally I would have been in there asking a million questions and we would have hunted it down much quicker, but it gets increasingly harder to do that knowing the kind of treatment we are inevitably going to receive. So please just keep that in mind, there is a human side to all of this.

justinrh

10-4.  Yeah, that other one was a bit confusing and may have been partly because of jargon/terminology, not sure.  I hope we both remember to rescan the tuner next time anyone see that kind of problem!

Something still doesn't jive with my experience and your statements.  The first image was automagically fixed.  It wasn't until I deleted the old ones that the others were fixed (as designed or not).  But it's done.

I understand what you are saying, Luke, and I don't like it either.  I don't want to come across that way.  Sometimes the questions that are asked just seem like you've never used Emby before.  Or you ask about what (I thought) was already answered and I feel like I'm starting over after several posts later.  I hope we can do better from now on.  I know you have been patient with me.  My apologies.

Edited by justinrh