How to scan a single path?

Chiyu

Chiyu

If I have the path "/home/movie/Oppenheimer (2023)", and Emby have not scan it yet, because emby can't detect fuse changes.
Is there any api I can use to let emby scan this path?
I see  /Library/Media/Updated in dev document, but It's doesn't work

Edited by Chiyu

2 hours ago, Chiyu said:

I see  /Library/Media/Updated in dev document, but It's doesn't work

Hi, it works just fine. It's not an api to scan a path. It's an api to report to the server that something has changed, which ultimately will lead to scanning it.

Chiyu
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it works just fine. It's not an api to scan a path. It's an api to report to the server that something has changed, which ultimately will lead to scanning it.

Here is the thing: I create a new series library which I add path  "A:\test\test" (mount by rclone) , and then I move the media folder named "精神病房也会迎来清晨 (2023) {tmdb-205319}" to A:\test\test . I use python to create requests,  I get 204 status code, but emby have not scan the library. Below has the image information. Where is the problem??

Library setting:
Library_setting.png.6d230bff13c10b5b095d9c33c061dd56.png

Request1:
request2.png.5f7cd8df04e74b2a97a0eadc0e462128.png

Request2:

request1.png.4e5bcef379055995febc710cfc7bd827.png

Edited by Chiyu

Chiyu

And if there is not the api to scan specific folder, Can I ask to add feature that maybe you guys can add one in 4.8?

I get 204 status code, but emby have not scan the library.

give it a minute or two.

Chiyu
7 hours ago, Luke said:

give it a minute or two.

I have already wait like 1 day, nothing happened, though. futhermore, I use local drive to test this api, also failed. 

Emby Verson:4.7.14.0    OS: windows11

So, I request to add an API to enable scanning of individual folders, OR update some exist api, such as I can past a scan_path param to /Items/{Id}/Refresh? About that Do I need to create new topic in Feature Requests Section?

That means a lot for me, I am tired to fully scan a huge library which build at fuse file system

adminExitium

Yeah, that's an Emby issue that Luke has acknowledged to improve sometime in the future, especially for Movies. TV Shows should generally be fine as long as it's not a new show and you send the actual episode path rather than the season or show path.