Rpi 3 - OMV - Docker container - Cant upgrade

pingywon

pingywon

Sorry for maybe the strange title. 

I have been running Emby in a container via Open Media Vault on an Rpi 3 for a very long time.

I am at a point now where one of the Emby apps on a new TV will not open because it says I need to upgrade the server. Been kinda doing around and round trying to get the dockercontainer server upgraded. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-01-03 092635.png

3 hours ago, pingywon said:

Actually might be a pi4, any reliable way to tell remotly? 

Maybe near the top of the server log. It does contain some system info.

Can you install a newer version of Emby Server?

pingywon

I restart the "server" from the emby interface and then I can also restart the Dock container. Neither work, this message comes back and I can not use one of my TVs to access emby. Or an iPad for that matter now thatI think of it.

1 hour ago, pingywon said:

I restart the "server" from the emby interface and then I can also restart the Dock container. Neither work, this message comes back and I can not use one of my TVs to access emby. Or an iPad for that matter now thatI think of it.

What message? Can you install a newer version of Emby Server?

pingywon

The message that says restart to apply updates. Im not sure what I am missing to installa newer version. Thats essentially what I am trying to do.

4 minutes ago, pingywon said:

The message that says restart to apply updates. Im not sure what I am missing to installa newer version. Thats essentially what I am trying to do.

Emby Server for RPI doesn't have a self update feature. If your server says restart to apply updates, that just means plugin updates.

How did you originally install Emby Server? However you did that, just simply do it again by installing the latest on top of your existing version.

pingywon

I did it via portainer/docker.

It gives me an error when I try to install the :latest

Did you figure this out? Are you still getting the error?