Emby IOS App - Cannot play Downloads

mhewines@gmail.com

mhewines@gmail.com

Good evening, had a new issue for me pop up yesterday on my Ipad IOS Emby app and it is still happening.

Movies/TV shows play fine when selecting from Library and streaming live, however I like to download shows to watch in the night with my wifi off. Last night the shows wouldn't play even though it showed them as downloaded. After playing around with the app today to see if I had changed something, it was still not working so I deleted everything including the app and redownloaded from the app store. After installing I re-downloaded the shows and attempted to play from the download screen. With or without wifi on they will not play from the download screen, it just has a spinning blue circle but never plays. However with wifi on they stream just fine from the library (not from downloads).

Hoping someone can give me some direction, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

HI, is this happening for movies, episodes, or both?

mhewines@gmail.com

It is happening with both, and it is also happening on my wifes Ipad.

Both ipads are updated to the latest operating version of ios and Emby.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Emby for iOS has been updated. Please let us know if you are still having this issue. Thanks.

mhewines@gmail.com

Good morning Luke, I have tried everything with the new update, but the same problem still persists.

Files download but they will not play with Wifi off or on from the download section.

I have also tried different resolutions for download but it hasn't made any difference.

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thank you.

On 2/6/2024 at 8:22 AM, mhewines@gmail.com said:

Good morning Luke, I have tried everything with the new update, but the same problem still persists.

Files download but they will not play with Wifi off or on from the download section.

I have also tried different resolutions for download but it hasn't made any difference.

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thank you.

Hi, did you try downloading something new with the latest update?

mhewines@gmail.com

I did, I also tried deleting everything including the app, then redownloading app and tried movies and tv shows with the same result.

mhewines@gmail.com

It shows the spinning icon (buffering icon) like it's going to play, but it never actually does.

If it helps, nothing has changed on our end with the new update.