Tags & Collections

seanfletcher255

seanfletcher255

it would be nice to have a view or method to distinguish between tags scrapped from imdb or tmdb or where ever how ever it needs to be handled on the backend but presented as keywords for scrapped tags, and just tags for user generated even if its just a config that says any tag with prefix emby-user-tag or what ever is considered a tag and anything else a keyword when there are 10s of thousands of tags it makes it hard see the user tags except by searching

a similar thing for collections or a better feature but i like to make custom collections but they seem to get removed on library scans

Hi, if your custom collections are getting removed on library scans, then it sounds like you have nfo files but you haven’t enabled the library option to save nfo. That prevents Emby sender from updating the file.

Or you could have other software updating the nfo and removing what Emby added.

seanfletcher255
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, if your custom collections are getting removed on library scans, then it sounds like you have nfo files but you haven’t enabled the library option to save nfo. That prevents Emby sender from updating the file.

Or you could have other software updating the nfo and removing what Emby added.

i will look into that but as far as i know no extra plugins or other software  touches the data when you talk about the nfo are you refurring to the movie's nfo or a collection nfo in the metadata directory? or somewhere else

Thanks

14 minutes ago, seanfletcher255 said:

i will look into that but as far as i know no extra plugins or other software  touches the data when you talk about the nfo are you refurring to the movie's nfo or a collection nfo in the metadata directory? or somewhere else

Thanks

movie nfo.

seanfletcher255
On 1/2/2024 at 1:54 PM, seanfletcher255 said:

it would be nice to have a view or method to distinguish between tags scrapped from imdb or tmdb or where ever how ever it needs to be handled on the backend but presented as keywords for scrapped tags, and just tags for user generated even if its just a config that says any tag with prefix emby-user-tag or what ever is considered a tag and anything else a keyword when there are 10s of thousands of tags it makes it hard see the user tags except by searching

a similar thing for collections or a better feature but i like to make custom collections but they seem to get removed on library scans

probably should have split this into 2 but what does the community/dev teams think about my tagging idea?