All Channels gone, no more recordings, problem with EPG service?

sfatula
Go to solution Solved by sfatula,

sfatula

Emby Server 4.7.14.0. Been running for a very long time perfectly. But today noticed not a single live channel! I restarted emby and the server log is attached. 

Apparently, this get is failing at the end of the log:

GET https://host2/v1.1/lineups/USA-ECHOST-DEFAULT/channels?enhancedCallSign=true

Not sure what host2 is but still, is likely cause. Don't know what host2 refers to, so, can't manually fix it if it's a DNS issue. Any ideas? This is very bad for me, NCAAF! Is there a way out of this?

embyserver.txt

• Solution
sfatula

I should have searched more first. The Dish Network guide went away for the region I was using, so, changed to a nearby one and all is back. Sorry for the post though maybe it will help someone else. 

• Thanks 1

sfatula

Yeah, but, while I can do that, and the guide populates for all 14 days, there are 0 scheduled recordings. 

I have 2 guide sources:

1. Emby Guide Data for my zip code, which I did not change and 

2. A Dish Network semi local guide that allows me to pull in guide data for one channel missing from the Emby Guide Data

It pulls the guide data in when refreshing the guide, but nothing is scheduled. I've even temporarily deleted the extra guide, just using the Emby Guide Data. All the channels (but one) are still mapped of course.

Edited by sfatula

sfatula

Looks like all my scheduled recordings are hosed. There is no channel info in them if you look at the series. If I populate the channel, then the schedule shows up. So, something messed that up. Maybe an ID changed? This is bad as you can never create them for all shows since many are not active this season, maybe they are summer shows or the season already ended making this a terrible task. 

Maybe a backup might help

Spaceboy

any change to the epg will require schedule recordings to be remapped to the new epg. there is no way of avoiding this. its one of the reasons why i prefer to maintain epg and m3u combos externally to emby because you can make changes to the lineup in an external tool but emby still sees the same set of channels delivered to it

sfatula
On 12/31/2023 at 3:24 AM, Spaceboy said:

any change to the epg will require schedule recordings to be remapped to the new epg. there is no way of avoiding this. its one of the reasons why i prefer to maintain epg and m3u combos externally to emby because you can make changes to the lineup in an external tool but emby still sees the same set of channels delivered to it

Yeah, but fortunately restoring the previous days backup was good enough and restored them all. 

But that is bad the way it works, what a pain (otherwise) to try and recreate a years worth of timers. 

• Agree 1