Audiobooks view bugs

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

I have started adding some audiobooks to Emby to test with now that Emby supports m4b and i have figured out how to add chapter tags. 

When viewing an audiobook page in the webapp that has a description longer than one line, this gets cut off as per following screenshot.

image.thumb.png.9fb1f5d6fb6301ecac1f91dbb0ac2f9f.png

It would also be great to show the chapters info on this screen, rather than having to click through to the book, and then scroll down to see the chapters.

• Agree 1

Hi, the overview is limited to a certain number of lines. If you click on one you can see the full overview on the detail screen for it.

• Agree 1

Junglejim

On 31/12/2023 at 11:11, runtimesandbox said:

I have started adding some audiobooks to Emby to test with now that Emby supports m4b and i have figured out how to add chapter tags. 

When viewing an audiobook page in the webapp that has a description longer than one line, this gets cut off as per following screenshot.

image.thumb.png.9fb1f5d6fb6301ecac1f91dbb0ac2f9f.png

It would also be great to show the chapters info on this screen, rather than having to click through to the book, and then scroll down to see the chapters.

Yeah, I don't add the overview with tags at track level because of the limited space, I just add a comment like "Jonathan Davis (Narrator)". I add the overview at the book level using emby's metadata editor..

Screenshot_2024-01-02_15-27-54.thumb.png.e436790a7fdfdee0b0e5b222b0381e41.png

I guess the only drawback to that is you loose the overview when you select the track but that doesn't bother me..

Screenshot_2024-01-02_15-28-34.thumb.png.f362d9d774ad01c0df40ebb5c2c60f16.png

You could get a bit more descriptive with the track tag comment if you like, just keep it short. ;)

Screenshot_2024-01-02_16-47-42.thumb.png.f78f44d0220d1cf57b09a22f3c3b4cbb.png

Edited by Junglejim

runtimesandbox

i have just been using the info provided by openaudible scraped descriptions which come from audible directly. 

Any reason for limiting the description? there is plenty of empty screen space that could be used 

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2024 at 3:41 PM, runtimesandbox said:

i have just been using the info provided by openaudible scraped descriptions which come from audible directly. 

Any reason for limiting the description? there is plenty of empty screen space that could be used 

Limiting the lines is essentially to keep all of the list items a uniform size.