Alexa - Announce, Enumerate and select multiple (not exact) matches

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

When Emby returns multiple possibilities could it announce and enumerate and ask the user to select?

eg

Play song B R O S.

Emby matched 2 %mediatype%s eg songs. [Select number or play all or play from here*]

1. Chinese Bros. by  REM [on Album XYZ] (token expansion would depend on media type requested ?and number of tokens provided?.)

2.BROS by Wolf Alice [on Album PQR]

* assuming alexa can listen whilst talking. if the responses number greater than 5 and Alexa didnt support interuption then perhaps the 5th objects onwardd would just be announced as multiple matches.

Edited by ginjaninja

Hi, yes it's possible but I think the problem is that the searching will almost always produce more than one result so this extra step could be annoying to some.

ginjaninja
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's possible but I think the problem is that the searching will almost always produce more than one result so this extra step could be annoying to some.

Maybe Emby could have a confidence factor in the response...for multiple exact matches i agree it would be annoying..for a single high confidence match it would be annoying...for a single low confidence match maybe and for multiple low confidence matches i think it would be very helpful...