Video Thumbnail Image Extraction Not Working for smaller videos

roxy693

Hi. I have noticed that for smaller videos, for example I am Groot, no matter what I do I can't get it to extract the .bif files. I have tried refreshing metadata and replacing with different versions but nothing will work. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you

embyserver.txt

Thanks for replying. I have attached screenshots of the ones I have found if that helps. For some reason some work but others wont and I'm not sure why.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 163539.png

Screenshot 2023-12-30 163433.png

Hi, are these files at least 30 seconds long?

roxy693

Yes the are but the file size is really small could that hav something to do with it?

There's no requirement of file size. But I just noticed something in your server log:

2023-12-30 11:30:21.978 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.8.0.61, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Why did you roll back from the 4.8 beta channel? This is not supported.Ā  it's not something we're testing and so therefore we really have no idea what will happen.

Ā 

roxy693

I rolled it back because I noticed that it was renaming some of my files to the file name not the title. I did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled the 4.7 but I did restore playstates from a backup. Could that be why?

On Synology the data folder gets left behind when uninstalling, so you'd have to manually deleteĀ 

/var/packages/EmbyServer/var

In order to make a true fresh start.

roxy693

Yeah I did do that because the server kept manually stopping after a few seconds when I first did it. Deleting all emby server folders fixed it. I have just tried a different version of some of the videos and it still didn't work. It takes 0 seconds as if they are not there.

roxy693

I just got it to work, I added chapters to the files, replaced metadata and ran the task and it worked. Thank you for all your help :)

• Thanks 1