actor view in player finally gone in all emby client versions?

supermood

supermood

I loved the possibility the look at the actors while watching a movie (maybe even jump to their site) that's one of the reasons I always liked the android TV app more than the android app. 

now it's gone? forever? also the lg TV app doesn't have that feature anymore.

by the way.

1. killing the possibility to skip one forward is also a really bad idea. how should I go to the next episode if the pop up isn't coming...? 

2. no go to show anymore?! I now have to - after finishing a season - search the show via text or poster to watch the next episode? 

what's going on? are you actually testing your apps? 

also the lg TV app doesn't have that feature anymore.

Hi, yes it does. Not only does the Emby LG app have it, but so does both of our android apps.

Is it possible that you don't actually have any cast members assigned to the video that you're playing? Have you checked the metadata editor?

supermood
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what's gone?

the possibility to see which actors are in the show / movie from within the player. it was somewhere bottom menu besides subs or so cannot remember. 

Just now, supermood said:

the possibility to see which actors are in the show / movie from within the player. it was somewhere bottom menu besides subs or so cannot remember. 

It is still there, if you have people assigned in the metadata.

supermood
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes it does. Not only does the Emby LG app have it, but so does both of our android apps.

Is it possible that you don't actually have any cast members assigned to the video that you're playing? Have you checked the metadata editor?

I've watched different things now the whole button is gone. it's not that I press it and don't see actors in.

by the way emby server is managing my libraries - very successful - why shouldn't there be any actors anymore. it's no independent street movie from Malaysia it's star trek. never had that issue before 

and skip to next and go to show are def gone? 

Edited by supermood
missed a question

supermood

if it's still there (not on my b7 lg oled) but maybe on android TV or android or my never lg oled - will check again tomorrow - the question would be anyway why emby server stopped allocating actors to my content. I've never done that manually would not even know how. 

Edited by supermood

supermood

on the android phone I see the actors on the overview site of the show, not if I jump into a season. I guess that's the normal behavior? 

anyway, the actors are there. 

via info I can only see the show Pic and one to the right the chapter.

not the actors. tested on shield 2019 pro android app, android TV app and Android phone latest. 

by the way, closing the pop up player on the shield seems impossible. not sure why I have one I just pressed back three times... 

supermood

I want to report that the actors are back on all 4 different clients! I made an manual lib update and now they are also in the seasons and not only in the show overview.

very strange. I never had to do that before. 

I'm still missing the skip forward in the lg TV app clients but I will manage... 

• Thanks 1