Just a general question on the server running on a shield TV

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

I have an older Shield pro and I have tried to rune the Emby server on it many times in the past. I discovered that the Shield would crash often if I allowed my library to get big. I defiantly proved that it was the number of entries in my Library that caused the crashes but I now have a need/desire to use my Shield as a server if I can make it work reliably. The task I have in mind for the server does not require my entire library but I was wondering if anything has been done to fix the crash issue? I also want to know what the aprox max size of of movie/picture/TV show libraries and a few other things:
1. Is the Shield's server being regularly updated?
2. What is the biggest problem with the Shield as a server that others see?
3. Since I do not use my Shield for watching content what native apps can I remove to free up space on the Shield? (I bought the Shield for use as a client but I really disliked the interface so I never have used it much as a client. (Don't hate me for that please)
4. Other than the obvious what other apps actually bog down the Shield's operation? 

I may still decided to abandon this idea as my current setup works fine but I would like to use my Shield for some specialized Emby usage.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, including telling me that I am a fool for trying to use my Shield as a server. ;)

1. Is the Shield's server being regularly updated?

HI, yes it is. It is the android server and gets updated the same as all the other platforms.