Help!

Roy sloane

Roy sloane

Hi I was wondering if someone could advise I have Emby on my ds220+ and normally it is working a treat however, sometimes it seems to drop connection and then after a while will come back up. I’m sure it is probably something from my side but any advice would be appreciated. I have attached the log 

embyserver.txt

Roy sloane

Hi it sits with the attached screen for an age then it will get in then a few seconds later it goes back to the screen attached with no access to files 

IMG_4782.jpeg

Roy sloane

Merry Christmas any idea on this? I also now have another problem I can’t now access when away from home the remote WAN access address is not recognised and just times out. My dad tried to reconnect last night using it however he couldn’t get access. The address seems to have changed it used to start 81. But now it’s 109.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as my dad really relies on this service 

On 12/25/2023 at 6:26 AM, Roy sloane said:

Merry Christmas any idea on this? I also now have another problem I can’t now access when away from home the remote WAN access address is not recognised and just times out. My dad tried to reconnect last night using it however he couldn’t get access. The address seems to have changed it used to start 81. But now it’s 109.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as my dad really relies on this service 

@Roy sloaneif your remote address is frequently changing then this is not really an Emby question. Does your ISP frequently change your ip address? Are you using a VPN?

12 hours ago, Roy sloane said:

Good morning 

my LAN doesn’t change but it appears my remote does. Not using a vpn. Is it worth contacting BT on this? 

Is BT your ISP? If so, maybe they have an option to give you a static IP address.

And/or you could also consider a ddns. Have you thought of that?

Roy sloane

BT only allow static IP for business customers,crazy I know. I will look into a DDNS although know nothing about them or even what it stands for lol 

• Thanks 1

Roy sloane

I have set up a ddns on my ds220 and made the ip 81. 

I have restarted the Emby server but the remote wan is still 109. 

how do I direct the Emby to go through 81 for my remote access?

2 hours ago, Roy sloane said:

I have set up a ddns on my ds220 and made the ip 81. 

I have restarted the Emby server but the remote wan is still 109. 

how do I direct the Emby to go through 81 for my remote access?

You can configure the remote address in server network settings.

Roy sloane

BY engineer came and for 2 hours fiddled away and still I have no remote access. Ended by saying I need to get in touch with Emby. Feel like I’m being passed from pillar to post. Can anyone help me get remote access please I’m pulling my hair out 

Roy sloane

Hi I was hoping someone could help me. I’m having issues connecting remotely to Emby from my ds220+. I have checked DS file remotely and that is working fine however, Emby just won’t connect when I’m away from home. 
Today I had the BT engineer at my house for 2 hours and he stated that the issue is with Emby not my broadband. 
I have very limited knowledge of tech (I’m getting old) and was hoping someone might have an idea of how I can resolve this? I was initially advised to try a Ddms and I think I did it on my DS but I’m unsure what I have to change on Emby. 
please can anyone offer me some help on this matter? I’m pulling my hair out 

Have you set you synology to a static ip. Also you can use synologys ddns and setvthat in the emby server. Then if external ip changes it wont matter

Edited by embilly