Jvc Android tv not connecting

arron1985
Go to solution Solved by arron1985,

arron1985

Hi guys just wondering if someone can help. I got my kids there own jvc google tv for xmas with the hope of them using emby on there new TV's. I found the emby app on the google playstore and installed it too both TV's. When i try to put in the ip address nothing happens it just stays on the manually log in to server page. I have also tried emby connect and it comes up with the name of my server but says unable to connect. I have 2 firesticks 4 phones and laptops working fine with no problems. This is the first time a device is unable to connect. I hoping i can be an easy fix. Thanks   

These TVs are on the same LAN as the server?

37 minutes ago, arron1985 said:

When i try to put in the ip address

Exactly how  are you inputting it?

The fact the server doesn't come up automatically is an indication of something on your network possibly blocking.

arron1985

Using the Lan address. I have tried it with http:// and also with out.  I have also tried the remote address. what's the best way to find out if its being block as everything normally works really well with emby and its the first problem i have had connecting to it. Thanks  

If there is a "Send Logs" button on the page where you end up after trying to log in, hit that and then tell me exactly when you did.

Thanks.

js28194

I'm shocked that JVC still makes stuff.  Must be in Europe or Asia.

On the local LAN on a computer web broswer or phone web browser can you goto ip address of emby server?  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8096?

Replace xxx's with your server ip address.

arron1985

I'm in the UK. I have replaced them with my ip and it all it comes up with is error connecting to server. I have done it several times on other devices and this is the first time it doesn't work.  

js28194

From your picture, it says logout of connect, which to me means you are connected already with Emby Connect (which I do not use)?  I do not know if that is causing your issue.  I can always recommend to either delete emby cachce, data and start over, or uninstall and reinstall.   Emby on Android is really not any voodo magick, it just kinda works so I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

Edited by js28194

js28194

Plus the only other thought I have is networking... Emby should self discover Emby Server and that fact you are having to put it in manually is a clue of something.

arron1985

I tried emby connect as the ip didn't work and it didn't see the server out of the box. It's an odd one because every device have running off my server works like a charm. Just these new tvs seem to not see the server. I'm out of ideas. Thanks for everyone help. If I find the problem I will let everyone know. 

js28194

Ahhh, I do not think emby connect works as an IP.... I would delete data/cahce or uninstall and reinstall and let Emby self discover if you are on Local LAN.

If Emby Server is remote location then that is a different solution... Emby Connect or port forwarding etc on your server network.

Edited by js28194

arron1985

I will uninstall it and try again. My server is on the same network and emby should see it. Every other device I have works fine. I will have a play around again with both tvs and see how I get on. Will try again with a reinstall of the emby app on the tv. 

• Solution
arron1985

Hi everyone just an update. I found out the problem and it was network related. I had the kids tvs logged into the guest wifi on my router as it can have a time set to turn it off but I didn't realise that with guest wifi it doesn't allow devices to talk to other devices hence my problem with emby not finding my server. Thanks for everyone's help much appreciated you giving me your time. Thank you 😊

• Thanks 1