Coverart not showing proper aspect ratio on some items.

kjhedges

kjhedges

Have been using Coverart for a long time and have just had images show as picture.

The tv, films and some music show correct image size ect, but trailers, most music and podcasts dont quite show correctly.  Any advise thank you

Untitled12.png

kjhedges
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, what's not showing right, just the trailers?

The Trailers, the music CDs and soon after posting, my Movies on homepage ended up the size of a CD Case.

For now I have uninstalled Coverart plugin and dimensions of all media posters ect are correct. Thus why I presume it a coverart issue

Hi.  This would be a change in the way the app is displaying them not really CA itself.  Its the very reason we don't usually crop these images.

Are you using the online web app?

gihayes

I recently was having the same issue, but with movies. All my folders had poster images, and my Metadata and display settings were correct for showing posters (primary image) but it was showing screen grabs instead of posters. I deleted the library, restarted Emby, and re-added the library. It's now showing posters for movies correctly. I've got a pretty large movie library so it is taking a while to rescan, but at least I got my movie posters back with the Coverart treatments. 

kjhedges

Mine was showing the poster images though,  all images downloaded via meta providers within emby. Just for some reason, they started to not show in the correct aspect ratio or oversizing.

This happened on Emby App, Roku, Android App plus IOS.  I removed Coverart plugin, and all the images displayed correctly.

I am not saying that this is a Coverart issue persay, its just that it happens when Coverart is active.

3 hours ago, kjhedges said:

This happened on..., Roku,

Are you 100% sure about that?

What I saw in your screen grab was almost definitely an app display issue and no changes have occurred to Roku in this regard.

kjhedges
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Are you 100% sure about that?

What I saw in your screen grab was almost definitely an app display issue and no changes have occurred to Roku in this regard.

Yes, the screen grab was Emby App within Firefox.  But the issue also displayed the same on Roku.  I will reinstall coverart plugin tomorrow and try to replicate and take a photo.

kjhedges

I reinstalled Coverart Plugin.

The first image being Emby Web App. The movies are the size of CD Case. The Music images are soradic in size. Some crop the left and right side of image and others are just smaller than container. The trailer images also crop left and right of the image.

The follwing 6 images are Roku.

First image is TV Series Library. we have varied aspect ratios of images.

Second image is Movies Library. Images seem smaller than container.

Third image is from Homescreen. Viewing Trailers section. Which shows them correctly.

Fourth image is also Homescreen. Viewing Music. Which seem to fail to fill container.

Fifth image from Homescreen. Viewing Movie. Which seem the same as music.

And finally the sixth image is also Homescreen. Showing TV Shows.

Prior to just around Christmas, these Coverart overlays with the Meta Downloaded images all fill the containers as should do and everything looked nice and tidy.

CoverartWebapp.png

Roku1.jpg

Roku2.jpg

Roku3.jpg

Roku4.jpg

Roku5.jpg

Roku6.jpg

kjhedges

To add, I removed coverart plugin and this is how homescreen is displayed on Web App

webappnocoverart.png

The issue is really in the display level but that is really no matter to you.  Try a couple of things:

1) Select the option to "Use original art aspect ratio"

2) Try some of the more modern looking treatment styles like Metro Case

Those old plastic-case style treatments do create aspect ratios that the modern app interfaces are not expecting and, in their attempt to display the images as best as they can and also uniformly, it appears to be throwing things off.

kjhedges
15 hours ago, ebr said:

1) Select the option to "Use original art aspect ratio"

2) Try some of the more modern looking treatment styles like Metro Case

1) Have tried both Highlighted and un-highlighted, "Use original art aspect ratio".  No change either way.

2) While the metro case option would clear the issue for Movie and Trailers ect.  The Music CDs have 1 option for coverart. So, no matter what setting, the music CDs are still losing image left and right.

I have been using Coverart from When I started using Emby, (Many Years ago Now). And this is the first time that I have had issues with the images. I have always used the ClearCase Design too.

6 hours ago, kjhedges said:

I have been using Coverart from When I started using Emby, (Many Years ago Now). And this is the first time that I have had issues with the images. I have always used the ClearCase Design too.

Right and that points to the fact that any difference you are seeing now is either a slight change in how the app is deciding to display the image or to the images themselves.

Those old "clearcase" treatments were designed over 15 years ago for the WMC environment and don't necessarily translate very well to the more modern displays.  Even so, we don't want to just remove them because some folks still like them.

kjhedges

I am now using Coverart Rounded images now.  Seems to be ok.

I only ever really liked the ClearCase overlay. Too much blue with most of the overlays.

I am curious though as to why the Music CD Cases are also not displaying correctly.

On 1/2/2024 at 10:06 AM, kjhedges said:

I am curious though as to why the Music CD Cases are also not displaying correctly.

Define "not displaying correctly".  Looking at your image, they appear to be displaying properly to me.

kjhedges
Posted (edited)

In this image from the webapp.  The music Cds are not aligned on the left and right correctly. Some are smaller in height and show the left and right alignment.  Others are being cropped

CoverartWebapp.thumb.png.ea5b79fdcc0a37c97910f1bd68e0c2ff.png

Edited by kjhedges

Dibbes

Seeing issues on the WebClient (Server 4.8.0.66) as well and have been for some version. Also I can't find where to change CA Settings anymore, but that is probably user-error. The Android mobile client 3.3.56 seems to be displaying fine.

image.thumb.png.4226fc9d6a7caaae474e5a3b55d6d59c.png

image.png.d160e4cc7fd3aca17433cae32501e138.png

image.png.17897978f58f218866e822c4de74f007.png

image.png.ffaefa7374468fe6567383f4e7039126.png

Edited by Dibbes

kjhedges
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dibbes said:

Also I can't find where to change CA Settings anymore, but that is probably user-error.

Goto Manage Emby Server, then Plugins and click on CoverArt plugin and settings open up.

Edited by kjhedges
  • Thanks 1

Dibbes
14 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

Goto Manage Emby Server, then Plugins and click on CoverArt plugin and settings open up.

as I said, user-error... thanks!

• Like 1

DarWun
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Define "not displaying correctly".  Looking at your image, they appear to be displaying properly to me.

I posted about the same thing in the Emby Server thread. I would have posted here if I'd seen the post first. Sorry.

Yep, it appears the web app has changed its strategy to a zoom and crop in some situations and that is causing the exact issue that we always said it would.

Dibbes
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Yep, it appears the web app has changed its strategy to a zoom and crop in some situations and that is causing the exact issue that we always said it would.

What does that mean for the user, though? Is there any way to fix it?

DarWun
7 hours ago, ebr said:

@ebrThe Beta 4.8.0.66 update has made it worse. After updating to it, all CoverArt images are cropped on the left and right side. When I initially posted about the issue I was on Beta 4.8.0.65. Only the Season folder images were impacted. Now I'm seeing it across the board. Case in point, the Latest Movies line from the Home landing page.

With Beta 4.8.0.65:

image.png.1dab6d8738ccd5ff52828cd15598e6db.png

With Beta 4.8.0.66:

image.png.7b1bfadf648a5eeb7a847bbeb74bfc62.png

Edited by DarWun

kjhedges
Posted (edited)

I am now seeing in the web app the Next Up Thumbs, using TV CoverArt, are now cropping the top and bottom of the TV overlay image.

Untitled.png

Edited by kjhedges
  • Agree 1