kaleidescape emby setup

coderkid3

coderkid3

Was not sure where I should post this so I decided this place to be the best. kaleidescape uses a download feature to add content to the home server which is great for even those who have slow internet speed as it will play directly from a hard drive. With emby server you can download and use this option to play later without having internet but what if you had emby servers setup in other locations that automatically downloaded new added content from the main emby server automatically after new media was added to the main server. I have been reading lots of info on how this could be done online but have yet to come across anything great on google yet. If we could get something like this working for emby it would basically make the media streaming experience way better. Emby the way it is now after you add new media it will scan it into your emby library but what if after it adds the metadata it would check for other servers that are the same registered server to update the other servers by allowing them to download the new media if enabled. Would this not eliminate the bandwidth issue if you could just play locally from a hard drive after it was downloaded and not worry about the streaming from the main server just like kaleidescape does. Emby would then be the best server in the world connecting to each server you own updating your servers as the media content is added to the main server.

Hi.  So you would need to install an Emby Server at each remote location and then replicate them?

That sounds neat but not really necessary for a home server...

• Agree 3

coderkid3
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  So you would need to install an Emby Server at each remote location and then replicate them?

That sounds neat but not really necessary for a home server...

Not necessary for who, you?  Do you even understand what I said?

jaycedk

Well that could be done with any other sync tool out there.

Why involve Emby in that.

Edited by jaycedk
  • Agree 1