Lost Live TV guide and some icons from client dashboard

ctaranto

ctaranto

Long time Emby user.  Server is on Linux (Manjaro, fully updated).

As of a couple days ago, the Live TV guide is showing "no program data" in the Android TV app (in the web interface, it's blank).  Looking at the Emby homepage in a browser, the TV icons are "broken", and some of the Media icons are "broken".  Some are still there.  The icon for the logged in user is also "broken".  The logs don't show anything interesting (at least to me).  Attached.

embyserver.txt

ctaranto

Hi Luke.  Emby Guide Data, USA-OTA01721.

I don't think it's just that though.  The icon of my profile (top right corner of the web interface) was broken.  After I re-uploaded it, it's now fine.  Some of the generated icons for my media are also broken.  It's like something became corrupted.

OK I don't see anything obvious in your log file about that. Did you tamper with the server data folders recently or do anything else unusual?

ctaranto

I did a Manjaro update a couple weeks ago (which updated Emby to 4.7.14.  Everything was working fine after the update.  I have been out of pocket for the past week with a family issue - no tampering or anything different.  This server installation has been used for Emby for years.

Are the server data folders you're referring to in /var/lib/emby?

I did notice that when I list /var/lib, the emby folder is a symlink to private/emby.  The private folder itself is owned by root (700).  But files inside the emby folder are being updated by the emby user, so that's probably not an issue.

I did update the drives that store media (those drives are on a different server), but those are NFS mounted as /storage on the emby server.

If I select any movie or TV station, it plays.  It's just the guide and some icons are corrupted.

ctaranto

I did another Guide Update (I did about 10 of them yesterday and none worked).  But just now, it worked.  The guide is back.

It's still missing come icons (one for one of the channels, and the generated for some of my media folders).  Though trending in the right direction, this is very odd behavior.

I did reboot the Linux server a couple times yesterday, but that didn't help either.

ctaranto

I updated the metadata of the one channel without an image, refreshed the guide, and now it appears.  I also updated the metadata / resync media / replace images and the icon for one of the media items now appears.  I'll do that some for the rest.

These steps didn't work yesterday for some reason.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:33 PM, ctaranto said:

I updated the metadata of the one channel without an image, refreshed the guide, and now it appears.  I also updated the metadata / resync media / replace images and the icon for one of the media items now appears.  I'll do that some for the rest.

These steps didn't work yesterday for some reason.

Great, are you all set now?

ctaranto

Yes, this thread can be closed.  Still don't understand what happened for those few days as nothing changed before or after.

• Thanks 1