Amazon Fire Tablet - Download Option Missing

EagleMitchell

EagleMitchell

Hey all,

I have an Amazon Fire HD 8 (12th Generation) Tablet running Fire OS 8.3.2.1

On this I have installed the Emby Mobile app from the Amazon App Store version: 3.3.46

In the Emby app I am unable to download anything for offline access.  On the download page it just says "It looks like you don't currently have any apps that support offline downloading."

Is this expected behavior or a limit of the Amazon Fire Store version of the app?

On another older tablet that is the Fire Tablet HD 7 that one allows me to sideload the Android app and that works just fine showing the download option but the newer version of the FireOS may be the issue here with more security settings?

My ultimate goal is to get these working on my kids fire tablet's.  The older one I am talking about is the tablet from a few years ago, the new ones are from this year.

20231227_144301.jpg

20231227_144249.jpg

20231227_144317.jpg

HI, yes we hope to be able to restore this function in future updates to our Amazon app.

We just finally got back in the app store after several years of being rejected with no reason given, and right now we think that removal of the download feature is one thing that may have helped get us back in. But we will keep trying.

EagleMitchell

Ok, thanks for the quick response Luke, I appreciate it and all the Emby team does for us.  I will keep watching for an update and digging for a solution to sideload the android app on the kids profile if possible.

• Thanks 1