Issue playing movie

flossiejayno

flossiejayno

Hi,

I occasionally have an issue playing media files via the Samsung Emby App. If I swap to Kodi with the Emby addon installed the media file will play. I have the Emby app installed on 2 Samsung TV's (different models) & both have the same issue.

Samsung model number:

UA43TU8500SXNZ

Samsung firmware version:

T-NKLUABC-2501.1,BT-S

Samsung Emby client version:

Emby server version:

Capture.JPG

ffmpeg-transcode-2b228585-6a0b-40e7-9645-6b90f40effff_1.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cb9a517a-1e44-443f-ad44-7e594f7a80fc_1.txt

FrostByte

What is the problem you're seeing?  Is buffering or stuttering, etc?

Do you see the same issue playing the same video file if you use a supported subtitle format like srt, or while using no subtitle?

• Like 1

flossiejayno
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

What is the problem you're seeing?  Is buffering or stuttering, etc?

Do you see the same issue playing the same video file if you use a supported subtitle format like srt, or while using no subtitle?

Hi,

The problem I believe is the move is buffering as the blue circle appears at a curtain playtime and the movie stops playing. I turned subtitles off and the movie plays correctly plays pass the playtime correctly.

• Like 1

FrostByte
18 minutes ago, flossiejayno said:

Hi,

The problem I believe is the move is buffering as the blue circle appears at a curtain playtime and the movie stops playing. I turned subtitles off and the movie plays correctly plays pass the playtime correctly.

Okay.  The devs will take a look, but the Emby Samsung app has always been rather sluggish (spinning circle while buffering) with subtitle formats (such as PGS) not supported by the TV.  The whole burn-in process is really slow especially with higher bitrate 4K files. 

Personally, I use srt subs and DD+ audio so that I can avoid transcoding altogether when using the Samsung app.  I use my Shield when I want PGS subs and HD audio.

Chart from user manual.

image.jpeg.ec7561ffe5183300a48d958598bff874.jpeg

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 weeks later...
flossiejayno

Hi @Luke@FrostByte,

I'm now experiencing video stuttering even with subtitles off. This is a different video which I'm having the problem with, I have experienced this previously but couldn't remember the videos I had the issue with.

I have updated the server to beta 4.8.0.65 & Samsung 1.7.0

image.png.a842259a613d388bd98b4afc2c6ce843.png

Cheers

Phil

embyserver.txt

3 hours ago, flossiejayno said:

Hi @Luke@FrostByte,

I'm now experiencing video stuttering even with subtitles off. This is a different video which I'm having the problem with, I have experienced this previously but couldn't remember the videos I had the issue with.

I have updated the server to beta 4.8.0.65 & Samsung 1.7.0

image.png.a842259a613d388bd98b4afc2c6ce843.png

Cheers

Phil

embyserver.txt 78.55 kB · 2 downloads

The Emby Samsung app is direct playing the original video directly to the Samsung video player. That means Emby isn't really involved in playback and therefore won't have much influence on this. It could be that the data just isn't getting there quickly enough or that the Samsung video player is having trouble with this particular file.

flossiejayno
On 1/6/2024 at 4:55 PM, Luke said:

The Emby Samsung app is direct playing the original video directly to the Samsung video player. That means Emby isn't really involved in playback and therefore won't have much influence on this. It could be that the data just isn't getting there quickly enough or that the Samsung video player is having trouble with this particular file.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes it appears to be the TV as a latter Samsung TV model doesn't have an issue. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1