Xumo integration

GSFam

Hello GSFam,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hey Luke! I’m OP, I accidentally was signed into another account of mine. I’m having a hard time finding how to describe it but recently it’s been rolled out as a TV software model to rival Roku, Google etc. I would venture to guess since it’s owned by the big cable companies overall that it’s them trying to get their foot in a little more to the streaming boom via user interface. 
Looking online I’m not finding much in how it’s coded or what it runs based off. 
I just got one for Christmas and I didn’t even think if Emby would work on it or not since it is integrated with most by now. This is a little snippet form their Wikipedia 

“In January 2023, Xumo announced plans to launch Xumo TV-- a line of 4K UHD smart TVsfrom Element Electronics later that year branded.[12] The devices began to be sold in a limited manner through select retailers in the summer, along with three Hisense models. In September, Xumo announced Xumo TVs-- a line of UHD 4K smart TVs from Pioneer Corporation to be sold exclusively at Best Buy stores.”

Xfinity sent me one of these a year or so ago.  It is an odd device but it probably based on some fork of Android.  However, it is a closed system (as far as I can tell).  There is no store or marketplace for users to download apps.  You have to become a business partner of theirs to get on the platform.

• Thanks 1

Okay so it’s probably not going to happen. It sucks, Pioneer made a great TV but the interface definitely has a few kinks to work out still. May end up exchanging this for a Hisense Roku. Thank you guys again for answering.

Just FYI I didn't ever really use mine but the reviews I've seen have said the box is underpowered and slow.  Not surprising since they are giving them away.

Yes I’d agree the boxes are laggy from when I’ve toyed with them (I work for a repair/install company) This is a Pioneer TV with Xumo as the interface though. 
For a cheaper basic 4K TV it’s running great. Not any slower than my Rokus around the house. It’s got Dolby Atmos capabilities, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, good 50 inch for under $200.  
There has been a few little nuanced things like no Emby, a few settings hiccups but nothing that necessarily makes me want to exchange it for another the picture quality is very good.

• Like 1