Songs/albums when going into an artist

NitroNine

NitroNine

I don't know if I may be the only one, but I never care about the songs list appearing on top when going into an  artist.  It would be great if there was a away to either remove the songs section, or change the order so albums can be on the top?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

+1; I'm more interested in seeing albums first, too.  In fact, it'd be great if songs / appears on would be a separate link (for the sake of loading time).  I don't want to remove it altogether, as it is useful for seeing what songs they have on compilations, but that—to me, at least—is secondary to albums.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

user24

@NitroNine@Jägs Yes, you are not the only ones. I would also prefer Songs to be below Albums. I suspect that many Emby music fans would have large ALBUM focussed libraries rather than large SONG focussed libraries. For me the songs/albums order is the main aspect that I don't like on the Album Artist pages. Everything else is very good overall. (Possibly people that stream a lot of their music from online services, e.g. Spotify, Tidal, etc. would prefer songs first???)

There is at least one way to set up Emby to show only Albums, but it would take a lot of work and you also lose much of the other good info.

Essentially you could make the main Collection folder a defacto Album Artist Collection folder by assigning music Albums into individual Artist Collections.

I was experimenting with this over Christmas and posted a suggestion here:

Even though this is possible to set up, I still personally prefer the current Album Artist pages with all of the fields (Songs, Albums, Tags, Appears On, etc.)

Maybe one day in the future we (or Emby) will be able to change the order to suit Album oriented libraries?!?!?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
user24

@NitroNine@Jägs I've been researching and experimenting with this a bit more (on and off) over the last couple months. If you are using the web app you can use custom CSS to likely achieve a Music view that suits your needs.. It is possible to hide any sections that you don't want to see and also swap the order of those that you do want to see.

Check out this thread for hiding Sections (thanks to  @beckfield )

Check out this thread for changing the order of Sections:

The various bits of CSS code should work for the latest stable Emby Version 4.8.1.0.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1